Leon doin' the Revv G50

Orvillain

Rock Star
Edgelord

Every time I hear one of these Revv amps, or use a model on Helix or Fractal, I just feel this pull towards getting one. Literally this has been in my mind for 2 or 3 years now. I feel like their gain stages are exactly what I'm looking for, and Leon has smashed it.

I've been really interested in a D20 for a while. A G20 showed up at the local shop for $700 with the footswitch but it doesn't do low gain like a real Generator. Bummer.

Fun amp. I purposely didn't run it with any boosts in that video since there's so many ways to shape the gain texture in there already, but it's pretty great with the usual suspects hitting the front.

Every time I hear one of these Revv amps, or use a model on Helix or Fractal, I just feel this pull towards getting one. Literally this has been in my mind for 2 or 3 years now. I feel like their gain stages are exactly what I'm looking for, and Leon has smashed it.

Absolutely know what you mean, the revv models in the Helix are fantastic. Everytime I watch Shawn Tubbs use one on Revvtime my gas levels go up.

It's why I haven't bought one. :hmm I've never even seen a used one for sale.
They had the 100P and 100R for around £1999 and £2299 or something like that, a few years back. I very very very VERY nearly took the plunge. But instead I pre-ordered the Badlander..... annnnnndddd well that never happened. FFS.

I don't think I could ever see a time when I'd spend £3.5k on an amp. Even if I had the cash, I just don't think I could do it.

I think if it is your one amp, then it isn't actually too bad. Compared to something like an SLO100 which only has two channels, and is quite limited in many respects. They sound cool, but I'd rather have the Revv.

A brand new Dual Rectifier is now £3299. A Mark VII is £3699. Hiwatt have some amps in the same sort of region. The laughably expensive Victory MK Overdrive is £4999. A Friedman BE-100 DLX is £3999.

I'm hardly struggling for amps, but If I had all the money in the world, I'd get the Mark VII, the Friedman, and the Revv. Already have a perfectly good Dual Recto!!

I think if it is your one amp, then it isn't actually too bad. Compared to something like an SLO100 which only has two channels, and is quite limited in many respects. They sound cool, but I'd rather have the Revv.

A brand new Dual Rectifier is now £3299. A Mark VII is £3699. Hiwatt have some amps in the same sort of region. The laughably expensive Victory MK Overdrive is £4999. A Friedman BE-100 DLX is £3999.

I'm hardly struggling for amps, but If I had all the money in the world, I'd get the Mark VII, the Friedman, and the Revv. Already have a perfectly good Dual Recto!!

This might sound silly but I also wonder if I'd genuinely be that much happier with any of those over the JVM I already have which cost me less than £500.

I don't need as much high gain as you. We don't get any heavier than STP, RATM or Tool and the JVM covers that just fine.

A revv would be cool though.

The Revv G50 ticks a lot of boxes of what I like to see and the price even in Europe is not absurd.

But I just don't really love the tones. Leon usually gets great sound out of a lot of things, but the Revvs when played by anyone always seem like they took out all the "juicy bits" out of those tones. Like they're "fine" but not "wow, that blows me away!"

The Revv G50 ticks a lot of boxes of what I like to see and the price even in Europe is not absurd.

But I just don't really love the tones. Leon usually gets great sound out of a lot of things, but the Revvs when played by anyone always seem like they took out all the "juicy bits" out of those tones. Like they're "fine" but not "wow, that blows me away!"
This is how a lot of stuff is nowadays.
And then what WOW’S you, how was it recorded and edited?
I just pick up the guitar and play it…

I will say, the G3 pedal, the purple one,
into the JVM’s Green clean-F’s skulls.
Killer match.
The Friedman Brown Eye Deluxe also is a fantastic match into the Green Clean.
I actually liked the G3/4 pedal a lot.

but the Revvs when played by anyone always seem like they took out all the "juicy bits" out of those tones. Like they're "fine" but not "wow, that blows me away!"

Very Canadian. Polite only gets you so far in life. :idk

:sofa

:rofl

Confession: I love our neighbors. :beer

I agree , I don’t low the lows or the gain structure
The bass somehow manages to be tight enough but woolly at the same time and there is a fizz in the top end that I could not dial out
I will say FAS modelled them well because I have played the amps locally and they were pretty much spot didn’t like it in person , didn’t like the FAS models

Back