Ksr pa50

The Synergy bug hit hard and lasted long enough that I almost ordered a custom case for all the modules I had.
Took scoring the used KSR Ares to break the haze.

Sold off everything Synergy and have no plans on going back.
It's a very cool ecosystem to be sure but it comes across almost too modeler as a result.

Last edited:
The Synergy bug hit hard and lasted long enough that I almost ordered a custom case for all the modules I had.
Took scoring the good price on a used KSR Ares to break the haze.

Sold off everything Synergy and have no plans on going back.
It's a very cool ecosystem to be sure but it comes across almost too modeler as a result.

you had the syn 5050? was it good as a power amp?

I’m wondering if that’s just internet lore though. Fryette designed it, and from what I gather it’s very similar to the LXII. :idk I think @Elric rocks one.

yeah thats what im wondering too, i cant imagine that fryette would design something that wasnt sweet. like what exactly is not sweet about it? is it not loud? does it not sound good? too noisy? not reliable?

for a power amp for a modeler its not like you are looking for a specific sound, transparent & loud is good right... or what am i missing

could be like one random wonk on a forum that had no idea what they were doing with really bad take and it might actually be perfectly fine for my dumbass lol

I’m wondering if that’s just internet lore though. Fryette designed it, and from what I gather it’s very similar to the LXII. :idk I think @Elric rocks one.
Yeah. I have a 5050 too. It’s great match for the Syn2. Mine wants the presence pretty high up. But that’s what the knob is for. I have it configured 100W bridged mode. @Desertdweller and @2112 also have gone on record as liking/owning it, too. Leon has a bunch of great sounding videos using the 5050 w/ the Syn preamp. I know some people have had them and hated them, IDK why its so divisive. :idk

Hypocritical crew checking in: how does this little turd compare as a power amp vs the Stealth 50 watter? Is it as loud?
200.gif

I thought their customer support (or rather, more specifically, response to emails and the ticket system on the site) was rather weak. The best way was to bug Kyle on Reverb.

Anyways, apparently they got a guy specifically for customer support emails, and he seemed pretty responsive.

I know this isn't really with relation to KSR stuff, but I think it is worth noting that they seem to want to improve all aspects of the business.

As for the PA50, I've contemplated it before, but what usually keeps me from buying it is the odd format. Guitar players don't really like different shapes/form factors, typically, so that's to be expected.

I wonder how much of it is due to the stock tubes. The Fryette Power Station PS-2A has chintzy looking Sovtek power tubes. I replaced those with some JJs and it sounds way better now.

Yeah. I have a 5050 too. It’s great match for the Syn2. Mine wants the presence pretty high up. But that’s what the knob is for. I have it configured 100W bridged mode. @Desertdweller and @2112 also have gone on record as liking/owning it, too. Leon has a bunch of great sounding videos using the 5050 w/ the Syn preamp. I know some people have had them and hated them, IDK why its so divisive. :idk
Because of pot taper most likely.

I may get a used 5050 at some point for a backup. Maybe get a two space rack, a Syn-2, then fill it with 800 and Plexi modules.

I was using one all of last summer for our gigs when I was running the kemper stage into a pair of 1x12s. They work and sound great. No issues or problems. In the fall of last year, I switched over to EV PXM monitors and have been running those ever since.

Anybody know what B+ these are running with EL34? I saw the vid on how to bias the stuff but couldn't find any numbers etc.

Anybody know what B+ these are running with EL34? I saw the vid on how to bias the stuff but couldn't find any numbers etc.

I don't actually know what the numbers are. I remember mine arrived with a defective TAD EL-34 (No surprise there..!) Kyle sent me another very quickly. However, you just bias it with the 3 lights when they hit green you are good to go. Very simple, actually.

I don't actually know what the numbers are. I remember mine arrived with a defective TAD EL-34 (No surprise there..!) Kyle sent me another very quickly. However, you just bias it with the 3 lights when they hit green you are good to go. Very simple, actually.
I know the process to bias it. Asking about B+ because it has an impact on the feel of the amp

Back