Just Listened To A Couple Mammoth WVH Songs On The Way To Work And...

After the show check out the following for Intervals/Aaron Marshall work.

"In time" EP - All instrumental. Anup Sastry played drums on this EP.

A Voice Within - Includes vocals. My favorites from this one...
  • Ephermeral
  • Moment Marauder
  • The Self Surrendered
  • The Escape
  • A Voice Within
There's more work, but I think this is the easiest transition from a heavier, melodic guitar perspective to more recent releases.

Last edited:
I just listened to a bit and I actually think it’s too much bass. My ears were getting fatigued after a couple songs.

I’ve never said that before, maybe I’m just getting old :rofl

After the show check out the following for Intervals/Aaron Marshall work.

"In time" EP - All instrumental. Anup Sastry played drums on this EP.

A Voice Within - Includes vocals. My favorites from this one...
  • Ephermeral
  • Moment Marauder
  • The Self Surrendered
  • The Escape
  • A Voice Within
There's more work, but I think this is the easiest transition from a heavier, melodic guitar perspective to more recent releases.

I checked my tickets this morning when making plans for the weekend and realized it’s May 12th, not tis weekend. But will do!!!

Wow I just realized the EP and albums I recommended were released in 2012 and 2014...LOL

As far as bass frequencies, definitely lower and central mids in the mix to accentuate the lower tuned guitars and percussive chug although different chord voicings than usual.

Newer work sounds different and has a more modern mix, but stylistically and musically different, although you can hear Aaron's style still come through.

@metropolis_4 check this out it's more current they toured in 2021 from the Circadian album. It still may be a little too percussive in certain sections.

I had tickets to see Mammoth and Dirty Honey right after COVID in early 2022.
Originally scheduled for January. Cancelled. Pushed back to March. Couldn't make it. :brick

He has a killer band. I bet it will be an awesome show. :beer

Back