John Cordy Stomp + Friedman IR X Video

He is already playing in the new ‘arena’…the one you don’t have to ride a bus from town to town to play in. The new ‘rock stars’ are on the internet not FM radio.
He just needs to add more context to showcase his talent than just gear demos. Sit in with some other players and showcase complete pieces of music, etc

I'm going back and picking up his pentatonic lessons I have, like an idiot, disregarded since I started watching him. Last night's insomnia session, I watched a few and cant wait until this weekend to start working on them.

Like Cordy a lot, he's not over-emoting constantly like some new players do.

Looking at you Chris Buck.

Why Cordy doesn’t have an album or EP out yet I’ll never understand. He’s about as tasteful a player as you’ll find. Dude needs a pair of furry flip flops and a pool to jam by.

Agreed, would love to see him make a push to release some original music. He's a fantastic player in so many different genres. Super chill and funny dude too, and honest.

Like Cordy a lot, he's not over-emoting constantly like some new players do.

Looking at you Chris Buck.

Cordy and Buck have a lot of similarities to me, although Buck is even more refined and tasteful.

Not a slight on Cordy at all, dude can rip, and he's putting out a lot more raw playing videos than Buck does. But Chris Buck to me is one of the best players of his generation. His style is almost immediately identifiable which is crazy for someone playing blues rock sixty years into the genre's existence.

Back