J Rockett Dude and Vibrolux.

greatmutah

Roadie
So I made a clip. A lot of folks use the Dude to get in Dumble land but running through a Fender with Weber speakers I decided to go in a more pissed off Tweed direction. Signal chain is Strat with SSL-6 bridge, Pure Vintage 59s for the neck and middle, J Rockett Dude with volume at unity, ratio at 12:30, treble at 3:30 and deep at 2:00. All that into my Vibrolux Reverb on the vibrato channel set with volume at 4.5, bright on (the pedal is dark like a Non GEQ Mark so I like the bright control on), Treble at 6.5, bass at 3 and Reverb at 3 to add a little wetness. Weber 10F150T speakers. Bright but man mic’ed up they bring it. Microphone is a Pyle 57 clone. One of the cheap $15 ones on Amazon.

I think it gets some Mike Campbell vibes and I love his tone and playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dude sounds great GM \m/

Thanks man! It’s a killer pedal for sure. I’ve boosted it with my SD-1 to good effect but think a Nobels or Bluesdriver may work even better. Those Webers can be a bit much in the room but under a microphone they’re glorious. I think I can use this for Heartbreaker/Mudcrutch sounds.

I have a Dude pedal and a hand built Vibrolux Reverb amp. It is a Marsh but is a modified VR circuit. My amp has Ragin Kajun speakers in it. The pedal and amp are a really good pairing.

They really are. The 10F150Ts are great but need some volume behind them to mellow them out a bit on the top end. Once that happens though they sound amazing. And the Dude works great with it. With the settings I have and the way I set my amp, it gets a more pissed off tweed kinda vibe. That being said I still want to get some kind of Tweed Deluxe or Vibrolux.

Back