It’s KIND of an amp…

JerEvil

Roadie
I won’t bore y’all with the details, but these both came up for grabs at prices I couldn’t refuse.

I demo’d the PA-50 at NAMM a couple years ago and really dug it. The Driftwood stuff has been on my radar since NAMM 2020 as well.

To say the combo slays is an understatement. The PA has 6L6’s. The preamp can be used as preamp, preamp and TS boost and also a TS by itself. Fucking thing is spendy but I got a deal and it really is awesome.

KJoAv2g.jpg

teriUhv.jpg

I got some riffs together for some mix clips but I’ll do a playthrough demo tomorrow.

Honestly I planned to profile and capture it, then sell it but it’s too good! Lol!

I got some riffs together for some mix clips but I’ll do a playthrough demo tomorrow.

Honestly I planned to profile and capture it, then sell it but it’s too good! Lol!
Profile and capture it anyway - for us folks in the cheap seats. ;)

Damnit... I'd just managed to stop myself from buying a power amp, and now new comments to this thread have piqued my interest again!

The form factor seems to bother a lot of people (on other gear forums too)... but I'd have no problem at all with the PA50, if it ended up solving all my issues with finding a decent and affordable power amp.

Also, combining an amp with a smoke machine is a stroke of genius, if you ask me.

Last edited:
It still is the higher price range of PAs imo

I know what you mean... but it's possible to go much much higher in price for them too.

I suppose what I mean, is that in my mind, the PA50 is still attainable to me, without the price seeming to be out of the question / crazy.

Damnit... I'd just managed to stop myself from buying a power amp, and now new comments to this thread have peaked my interest again!

The form factor seems to bother a lot of people (on other gear forums too)... but I'd have no problem at all with the PA50, if it ended up solving all my issues with finding a decent and affordable power amp.

Also, combining an amp with a smoke machine is a stroke of genius, if you ask me.
Issues
:farley
:sofa:crazy:cop

Back