Isn’t the attempt to capture the ‘not this shit again’ being done all wrong?

When we enjoy a real amp in a real room we are hearing the sound of the speaker. A single point of origin driver ‘filtered’ by the room we are in. The effect of off axis orientation to our ears, distance, reflections early and subsequent etc etc

Then someone makes a preset or capture that is supposed to recreate all that including the room.

But then we play through the ‘recreation’ …in a room…listening closely to through high frequency driver and low frequency driver/s instead of a coaxial delivery system attempting to recreate the
original source that was off axis and far away,

So that’s never going to work..

Last edited:
Season 1 Reno GIF by The Roku Channel

Should be “Cab in the room”. (The source, amp/modeler etc is largely irrelevant to the experience commonly being referred to) Youre either standing in front of a cab or you’re not. You aren’t miking/room-verbing your way to that experience. (Should you even care about it)

When we enjoy a real amp in a real room we are hearing the sound of the speaker. A signal point of origin driver ‘filtered’ by the room we are in. The effect of off axis orientation to our ears, distance, reflections early and subsequent etc etc

Then someone makes a preset or capture that is supposed to recreate all that including the room.

But then we play through the ‘recreation’ …in a room…listening closely to through high frequency driver and low frequency driver/s instead of a coaxial delivery system attempting to recreate the
original source that was off axis and far away,

So that’s never going to work..
Although I have no strong opinion on this subject I think A-I-T-R refers to the entire experience and feeling of standing in front of an amp and playing it which some say is the best!

Back