Is There Still Any Love For Any Rack Pieces?

100%

Weird thing for me is I grew up with rack idolization, but when I get a rack; I always want to boil it down to 2u and have it weigh 11lbs tops.

:oops: :wat:rofl

Logic
:farley

Same!

I had this AWESOME 12-space rack/road case on casters in high school. I had 2 units in it, but brought that damn thing everywhere with me because I thought it looked cool (::cough::like Vai::cough::) to put my head on the rack in between the two 4x12’s and had all the energy in the world to show it off at any chance I could. :rofl

I had one of those giant X15 floor boards. I used it with this.

xSUv2fH.png

The X15 is gone but I still have the Valve FX.

I still have an Axe-FX standard and a ground control pro laying around that I keep thinking I’ll use one day and turn into a larger rack rig. The logistics of it make no sense for me and I’ll probably never do it though….

D

@santiall that's delightful. Ticking all the boxes for under appreciated gems - Rockmaster, Kitty Hawk, V77 and an MP1 classic!
yeah, some of them were extremely cheap when I bought them in the mid-late 2000s, others were faulty and I fixed them.
Those were good times to buy Kramer guitars and rack gear, now we have those guys in youtube increasing the market price :whistle

Am I the only one that cringes at the sight of these monsters? Just the thought of having to get behind there to run all the damn patch cables...or trying to trace a short in the spaghetti nightmare with a little flashlight in my mouth...I think I have rack gear PTSD.
The Axefx3 cured my GAS.... and treated my rack gear PTSD.

Am I the only one that cringes at the sight of these monsters? Just the thought of having get behind there to run all the damn patch cables...or trying to trace a short in the spaghetti nightmare with a little flashlight in my mouth...I think I have rack gear PTSD.
The Axefx3 cured my GAS.... and treated my rack gear PTSD.
I can see this completely. I can also see myself in another life with endless $$$ having a 12ft high rack filled to the brim that I am perfectly content with as long as I never have to move it anywhere

I can see this completely. I can also see myself in another life with endless $$$ having a 12ft high rack filled to the brim that I am perfectly content with as long as I never have to move it anywhere.
Having a mountain of old rack gear is kinda like having a rock collection or library of books. It looks really cool..... until you have to pack up and move.

I did the rack thing in the '90's. Well kinda...

I don't have any good pics, but here is a still from an old video from a Floyd tribute show in 2000.

8 space SKB rack.
Peavey TubeFex and foot conroller
DigiTech TSR 24
Peavey Classic 50/50 rack amp
Peavey Classic 410e cab
Shure wireless of the day

Just to the left of the drum riser

Rack.jpg

I did the rack thing in the '90's. Well kinda...

I don't have any good pics, but here is a still from an old video from a Floyd tribute show in 2000.

8 space SKB rack.
Peavey TubeFex and foot conroller
DigiTech TSR 24
Peavey Classic 50/50 rack amp
Peavey Classic 410e cab
Shure wireless of the day

Just to the left of the drum riser

View attachment 1496

8U for gigging? You've must have had big muscles 💪🏽 I was carrying 2x4U

I had one of those giant X15 floor boards. I used it with this.

xSUv2fH.png

The X15 is gone but I still have the Valve FX.

I used to draw rig diagrams ALL THE TIME once I knew there was more than guitars and amps. This was in many hand-drawn racks because I thought the chrome finish looked awesome. I used to tell my uncle all the time, who was still in a love/hate honeymoon phase with his 2101 “This is gonna be better than yours, just look at it.”

Man, that guy had a LOT of patience with me. :ROFLMAO:

I know it's not a rack unit but after watching this video a few months ago it made me wish I had one laying around to run thru my Axefx3 like he does with the helix. One finally popped up on my local craigslist for $50. Sold!
I pick it up tomorrow.
Kinda stoked to spend the day reminiscing 1992.

Back