Is There Something About A Piece Of Gear That Reminds You Of That Childlike Excitement...

TSJMajesty

Rock Star
...you got in the pit of your stomach when you first saw it, that gives you that same feeling whenever you see it?

For me, it's the script of Gibson on the top of the headstock, and "Les Paul Model" in the center of the tuning pegs.

Idk what it is, and even though I bought a Custom instead, whenever I see that headstock, it gives me a small giddy feeling of being a teen when I first saw one in person.

Old entry level Fender tube combos. Got mine around 1970-71.

agzwz1vuwge65snlefzm.jpg

...you got in the pit of your stomach when you first saw it, that gives you that same feeling whenever you see it?

For me, it's the script of Gibson on the top of the headstock, and "Les Paul Model" in the center of the tuning pegs.

Idk what it is, and even though I bought a Custom instead, whenever I see that headstock, it gives me a small giddy feeling of being a teen when I first saw one in person.
My Parkers do this to me.

I rarely get them out to play these days, but when I do crack the case open.. my heart goes pitter pat

Edit: self gratifying portrait... circa 2005
guit4web.jpg

Last edited:

Looking at the Les Paul inlays and bound fretboard up close. Reminds me of the first time I saw one in person at Manny’s in NYC back in the 90s.

When I got my Axe FXIII MkII Turbo in Dec. '21, I was in heaven and giddy as it reminded me of when I got a second 100 in 1 electronics kit as a child (photo below). It was my favorite "toy" and when I got a second one, I was certain I would be able to take over the world with the broadcast power and electronic wizardry I would then have at my disposal. I came up just shy of the expectation, but never the less, it was awesome to be able to then wire more complex circuits and what not!! That Axe gives me the same super power thoughts ;~))

RadioShack_100In1ElectronicProjectKit.png

I had the Classic (red one) out the other day...
:sofa

Buddy sent me one of his to mess around with for a few weeks. Really cool concept and I could easily see how you could completely get addicted to the whole unique feel.

When I got my Axe FXIII MkII Turbo in Dec. '21, I was in heaven and giddy as it reminded me of when I got a second 100 in 1 electronics kit as a child (photo below). It was my favorite "toy" and when I got a second one, I was certain I would be able to take over the world with the broadcast power and electronic wizardry I would then have at my disposal. I came up just shy of the expectation, but never the less, it was awesome to be able to then wire more complex circuits and what not!! That Axe gives me the same super power thoughts ;~))

WOW!! We must be brothers from another mother. I had that one, and later the 150 in 1. LOVED them.

Damn, you just sparked an even older fond memory of mine by posting that!

Back