IRDX Core, let's talk about it...

In a world of amazing craft beer in every corner, why drink off the shelf piss? Even if you don’t like a nice hazy IPA (because you’re weak or something) there are soooo many actual good lagers and stouts and sours etc etc.

Mikko just dropped this interesting comparison video:

And this is why I usual avoid youtube guitar geekery...
The concept that distortion post mic is a bad thing. Like compressors, etc don't add harmonics particularly funny seeing that what comes out of mist amps is the even harmonics below the odd ones, whereas what the rest of the signal chain is more "balanced" for lack of a better term.

In a world of amazing craft beer in every corner, why drink off the shelf piss? Even if you don’t like a nice hazy IPA (because you’re weak or something) there are soooo many actual good lagers and stouts and sours etc etc.
This! After I discovered IPAs (and all its variants) I cannot drink that mass produced sewage anymore

And this is why I usual avoid youtube guitar geekery...
The concept that distortion post mic is a bad thing. Like compressors, etc don't add harmonics particularly funny seeing that what comes out of mist amps is the even harmonics below the odd ones, whereas what the rest of the signal chain is more "balanced" for lack of a better term.
Post-mic saturation isn’t a bad thing, it’s just not novel, nor is it “speaker movement” or whatever. It’s aimed at guys who don’t want to know how processing works and want something that “makes guitar go brrrrrr”.

Post-mic saturation isn’t a bad thing, it’s just not novel, nor is it “speaker movement” or whatever. It’s aimed at guys who don’t want to know how processing works and want something that “makes guitar go brrrrrr”.
well... What they advertise it and what it is rarely is unified truth.

But the aghast posturing about there shouldn't be post-mic saturation...particularly with a different overtone content is what bugs me way more than advertising claims.

well... What they advertise it and what it is rarely is unified truth.

But the aghast posturing about there shouldn't be post-mic saturation...particularly with a different overtone content is what bugs me way more than advertising claims.
That is odd. Pretty much any heavy rock mixing class or walkthrough from modern engineers you find will have post-mic saturation all over the place. Like, on everything.

Back