Incoming! Ibanez Prestige RG5120

Thanks guys! The top looks best from an angle, looks more like blue natural wood with vertical grain lines (like @Piing's pic) when viewed straight on, just hope it's as dark front and back as the dealer shots!

Waiting for UPS is the hardest f'in part, scheduled for Monday - I will need to medicate this weekend :nails

Good gawd, it's here and it's every dang thing I could've wanted! Flawless perfection, Japan delivers still. If there were any pandemic related issues at the prestige plant, they aren't happening now!

I think I may even like the Fishman Moderns, and dig the mini-toggle for voice switcheroos!
Man what a great day this has turned out to be, especially for a rotten fuckin' ass lickin' Monday. :rofl :headbang

Good gawd, it's here and it's every dang thing I could've wanted! Flawless perfection, Japan delivers still. If there were any pandemic related issues at the prestige plant, they aren't happening now!

I think I may even like the Fishman Moderns, and dig the mini-toggle for voice switcheroos!
Man what a great day this has turned out to be, especially for a rotten *****in' ass lickin' Monday. :rofl :headbang
:wheresthepics More, better, newer pics please!! :banana

More pics coming, but tomorrow lol. Eyes are tired. Changed strings, added a wee tad o' relief, set it up in D and lowered action to 3/64" @ 24th. Sheesh, I have to really womp on it to make the low E buzz, probably could go lower. :chef

Here you go, hopefully I don't bring the interwebz down.
RG5120 Front.jpg
RG5120 Right Front.jpg
RG5120 Right Bridge.jpg
RG5120 Back.jpg
RG5120 Back Right.jpg
RG5120 Back Left.jpg
RG5120 Stool.jpg
RG5120 Upper FB.jpg
RG5120  FB.jpg
RG5120 Fretwork.jpg

Looks very nice. I still have a 3120 from 2002.
Thank you!

My 1st RG and I'm majorly impressed. Was worried with the horror stories but I can't find anything except one little teeny "blemish" on the binding just before the 8th fret (see last pic above) that you have to be REALLY REALLY anal to find.

Damn! That's a beauty and in fantabulous shape!

Both of the Prestige I've had were perfect. I just heard the COVID related issues some have run into.
Thanks. I’ve seen a few Premium’s that have issues but nothing from Fujigen.

Amazing! :chef

It is curious how the grain pattern of the top changes depending on the angle. That is why the OP pic was so different from the stock picture. Looking from the front there are long vertical lines, and from an angle it looks like sparkled.

Amazing! :chef

It is curious how the grain pattern of the top changes depending on the angle. That is why the OP pic was so different from the stock picture. Looking from the front there are long vertical lines, and from an angle it looks like sparkled.
It is very cool how they come up with this stuff! Glad there's still some innovation out there.

It's great to have an Ibanez back in my hands - oh how I missed thee.

I always get nervous when someone does a New Ibanez Day until I see the bridge, only because my reaction to anything but an Edge or a Lo-Pro is always “OHhhh what is it???!! Oh….” when it’s not. :rofl

Congrats, man!!!
I dunno man, the Edge is one of my all time faves, but that trem I had on my AZ is nice AF.

I dunno man, the Edge is one of my all time faves, but that trem I had on my AZ is nice AF.

I meant in the way of Floyds, but I have no doubts your bridge is awesome because if I remember right, they used Gotoh’s across the AZ line and they make great sh*t. Gotoh makes the Edge/Lo-Pro, I’m not sure who made Ibanez’ other trems but they weren’t for me. I kinda regret it now, but I passed on a Universe for $1200 last Fall because it had the Edge Pro on it. I could have bought it, paid someone to route it for a Lo-Pro and I still would have spent less than I would on any UV at this point.

Gat damn that is a piece of art :love:love:loveo_Oo_O
Why thank you SOTS! This one was definitely hit right outta' the park.

After having it almost a month, my only sort of bad thing to say is the fret edges need some attention. I knew going in that the "Prestige Fret Treatment" of lore doesn't happen with maple boards. Why that is I'm not sure. Guess it's too easy to bork them. Now I have to decide if I can fix it with a little filing, but I don't want to mess up the board or the binding and the frets are as close to both as can be. Hard for my old ass to tell but it seems the sharp parts are mostly up off the board/binding, so I should theoretically be able to fix myself.

Back