Incoming! Ibanez Prestige RG5120

Warmart

Roadie
Been flip-flopping all around the last few weeks, was going to wait to get an S series but not willing to place an order with the state of things.

I wanted to step outside of my comfort zone with this one. Never liked blue guitars, generally anyway. Then saw the S6570q and went all gah gah but also loved this RG in "frozen ocean". Probably not shipping until tomorrow so not in my grubby hands until Monday, most likely.

rg5120 dealer front.jpg

Has a nice dark back, no?!
rg5120 dealer back.jpg

Congratulations for the purchase!!

Both the fretboard and the back look darker than the stock pictures. The top and the binding also look different. I like yours! Maybe it is the light? or a limited edition?

p_region_RG5120M_FCN_00_01_sub_1.jpg

p_region_RG5120M_FCN_00_01_sub_2.jpg

We have the same pathology. I've had beautiful ones and I got rid of them, just because no Lo-Pro Edge
:columbo

When I was buying a 7-string last year I really wanted a Universe, my buddy offered me his 77BK (mirror guard) for $1200 and I was overjoyed until I scrolled down and saw the Edge Pro. I passed on it and snagged an RG7620 for $500 instead. Probably the last time a UV will get offered for $1200 and I should have just bought it and had it routed for a Lo-Pro.

When I was buying a 7-string last year I really wanted a Universe, my buddy offered me his 77BK (mirror guard) for $1200 and I was overjoyed until I scrolled down and saw the Edge Pro. I passed on it and snagged an RG7620 for $500 instead. Probably the last time a UV will get offered for $1200 and I should have just bought it and had it routed for a Lo-Pro.

I shouldn't have got rid of my RG8550MZ :cry:
000.jpg

Or the RG2560EZX 😢
RG2560EZX.jpg

Sad Baby GIF

I miss them. And both have become collectable pieces.

But besides the non-LoProEdge syndrome there is also the wife's guitar-in/guitar-out rule, and a 40 sqm condo that can only accommodate a limited number of gear 😅

Last edited:
View attachment 3770
Or the RG2560EZX 😢
View attachment 3771
Sad Baby GIF

But besides the non-LoProEdge syndrome there is also the wife's guitar-in-guitar-out rule, and a 40 sqm condo that can only accommodate a limited number of gear 😅

Hahahahah my friends ask me why I don’t have a coffee table or much artwork on my walls, “that’s guitar space, man” :rofl

Congratulations for the purchase!!

Both the fretboard and the back look darker than the stock pictures. The top and the binding also look different. I like yours! Maybe it is the light? or a limited edition?

Thank you! Yes, definitely looks different than any other I've seen, hopefully it's not a case of an "expert photographer" at the dealer! :hmm

I always get nervous when someone does a New Ibanez Day until I see the bridge, only because my reaction to anything but an Edge or a Lo-Pro is always “OHhhh what is it???!! Oh….” when it’s not. :rofl

Congrats, man!!!
We have the same pathology. I've had beautiful ones and I got rid of them, just because no Lo-Pro Edge
:columbo
Ha! Yeah, this is the bridge I wanted, for sure. I've heard to stay far far away from the "Zero". Even the naming of that one is bad lol.

Or the RG2560EZX 😢

But besides the non-LoProEdge syndrome there is also the wife's guitar-in/guitar-out rule, and a 40 sqm condo that can only accommodate a limited number of gear 😅
This pending NGD is to right a horrible wrong when I stupidly traded my 2014 S series for a 7-string, which I kept maybe 4 months. Note to self, you're never getting another fukkin' 7-string. 2nd note to self, never trade something unless you despise it.

Back