I'm so in love with my tone. It's perfect..and...

No one should ever GAS for a Spider, you're doing it wrong, Bob! :rofl

Now go get that Recto!

tough-crowd.gif

I even got the feel stuff down really good. Helix direct into a Spider Valve MKI 1x12 return is what I always come back to. So why in the ever livin hell am I Gassing for an amp head?

It's what we do.

I'm in the same place but worse, I have an Axe III, FC-12, FM9, and FX8,

I have a few blackface combos including my beloved 1965 Super Reverb, and three 100 watt heads. I've never been happier with my amp options in my entire life.

But I still want two more; a REVV Generator 120 Mk III and a Hook Captain 34. I could live without the Hook but I've gone all Wayne's World on the Generator 120,

Yeahs that a good deal. I also saw an Egnater Vengeance for like 320 bucks. Put it in my cart like 3 times LOL. One of the reasons I don't just buy a pure tube powered amplifier like a Fryette or similar is because I want something that can also function on it's own as a backline head for metal bands. The Spider Valve does 2 things decent. Cleans and ultra heavy gains. The in-betweens are just horrid no matter how I dial. I just bring my FBV Shortboard with me and it can easily be used on it's own. these Vengeance heads are well known for their outstanding clean channel, which is perfect for people to plug their pedalboards in to. 120 watts too!

Last edited:
Well I found an Spidervalve HD100 on FB Marketplace and offered 250 for it and the guy accepted. I'm checking it out in a couple hours.

Yeahs that a good deal. I also saw an Egnater Vengeance for like 320 bucks. Put it in my cart like 3 times LOL. One of the reasons I don't just buy a pure tube powered amplifier like a Fryette or similar is because I want something that can also function on it's own as a backline head for metal bands. The Spider Valve does 2 things decent. Cleans and ultra heavy gains. The in-betweens are just horrid no matter how I dial. I just bring my FBV Shortboard with me and it can easily be used on it's own. these Vengeance heads are well known for their outstanding clean channel, which is perfect for people to plug their pedalboards in to. 120 watts too!
These are great amps imo. Love the sound of both channels.
parallel loop…which is a bummer…cause there’s no way to control volume of the gain channel.
Mine is modded with a serial loop.

To me it’s weight is a bit too much…so its collecting dust.
Selling it is near to impossible ..cause no one seems to like these amps…which I can’t get my mind around…sound as good as it gets!

These are great amps imo. Love the sound of both channels.
parallel loop…which is a bummer…cause there’s no way to control volume of the gain channel.
Mine is modded with a serial loop.

To me it’s weight is a bit too much…so its collecting dust.
Selling it is near to impossible ..cause no one seems to like these amps…which I can’t get my mind around…sound as good as it gets!
Always curious about these. I wonder if the serial mod is as easy as modding the old Boogie parallel loops? I did that on my Tremoverb and it was actually impressively easy.

Always curious about these. I wonder if the serial mod is as easy as modding the old Boogie parallel loops? I did that on my Tremoverb and it was actually impressively easy.
I found some cases online where techs bailed on doing this mod cause it was to complicated, so possibly not as straight forward as with most amps. I’m no tech…but in my mind there’s always 1 signal going into powersection…that’s the one you need to hijack for a loop ;-)
anyway…mine came with the mod done…so no first hand experience here.

The drive channel is probably my fav overdrive sound..super responsive.
Drew a nice profile from it used on this tune:

I found some cases online where techs bailed on doing this mod cause it was to complicated, so possibly not as straight forward as with most amps. I’m no tech…but in my mind there’s always 1 signal going into powersection…that’s the one you need to hijack for a loop ;-)
anyway…mine came with the mod done…so no first hand experience here.

The drive channel is probably my fav overdrive sound..super responsive.
Drew a nice profile from it used on this tune:

Your playing is :chef Bravo!

i always kind of wanted a spidervalve
I've wanted a DT50 from time to time and one of the Bogner's Ejay is playing. The Spidervalve I want for a minute but then end up bogged down with there are 2(+?) versions, each with their own things to look out for blahblahblah and then I end up just dropping the idea of grabbing one.

Back