Ibanez 2024 Models

I have the blue version. It’s a really good guitar but not getting played very much. Has Paf Pro + Evo combination now.
I had a Dark Matter in the neck and EVO in the bridge on my last one (HH config that I setup with a simple 3-way and coil-tap toggle switch). The Dark Matter was actually pretty solid in it, I didn't love the EVO.

I made this joke at SSO the other day, but I’m waiting for someone to fess up that they’ve been reading “poplar burl” on the list of potential models and someone has been missing the fact that there’s no ‘U’ in the word poplar and this has all been a big mistake for about 5 years.
I didn't mind it when it was just a thin laminate for decorative purposes (and given a not gross finish), but the model I linked above uses a pretty sizeable chunk of it...who in their right mind would want to use burl in that thickness on a guitar?!? (and yet, I still want....its awful).

The burl stuff has been out for about a decade now, I think the Woody JEM was one of Ibanez’ first into the burl craze. As sick of them as I am, I haven’t heard any issues related to it.

I got to say, this is one of the most boring lineups Ibanez has had in years.

Also they still don't do an EHB multiscale bass in a finish I like. Guess I'll keep rocking my BTB33.

The burl stuff has been out for about a decade now, I think the Woody JEM was one of Ibanez’ first into the burl craze. As sick of them as I am, I haven’t heard any issues related to it.
The woody just uses it as a thin veneer/laminate, though, right? Everything I've ever seen with the poplar burl before was just veneer.

The burl stuff has been out for about a decade now.

Paul Masvidal's sig Strandberg is probably my favorite of the burl tops right now.

1704992394331.png

bd6ct-17l-e-v-bb_c.png

I low key wish Ibanez would release the MIJ ICX again but I also know I wouldn't buy it because it would cost 2500 euro and I'm not in high school anymore.

Back