Ibanez 2023 Models

DrewJD82

Staff member

Ho hum. Not a single interesting thing outside of the 7-string J-Custom that’ll probably be $3500. I suspect they didn’t want to put out a lot of new stuff since they can’t even get 2022’s new models shipping. Some people have been waiting for a year on the black Pia’s. Hahahah, Fractal’s got nothing on Ibanez; if a multi billion dollar company that’s 50+ years old can’t get supplies to make their products, it’s amazing Fractal even got units out this year!

Bummer to see them using Jatoba on so many necks. I’ve played a few guitars with it and they were all rather horrible, like really horrible. It feels like plastic posing as rosewood. Maybe another company has found a way to treat the wood better so it doesn’t feel like sh*t, but they need to show Ibanez.

Ibanez just isn’t the company I loved in my teens and twenties.

Yup. Lots of supply issues with them for sure. Not a lot that I am liking much of the new stuff either and I've always been an Ibby fan.
It's one of those off years for them for sure.

Yep, Ibanez has fallen from grace in my eyes…
Oh I beg to differ.

20221213_143732-01.jpeg

I want a white RG5320, supposedly new for 2021 but only can find them available in the UK and Germany. The Axe Palace has them up for pre-order but I'm more than a bit hesitant to tie up $500 when there's no idea when it will arrive. Plus not stoked at $2200 when they are much less in the UK.

I’m still a Ibanez fan (the Japanese ones.)
I have played a few premium ones that were really good but they are far less consistent.
Yeah, I agree. I’m just sad that in 2005 I got a Prestige 7 string for $750, brand new with case. Inflation plays a part, but what they’re doing now outpaces even that.

TBH I sorta gas for the headless sig model for that Japanese "speed-up his audio" faker dude. It felt amazing.
I’ve STILL got the regular blue one on order. Apparently it’ll be here in spring. I really got excited when I a friend scored a ICH10, and I got to play it. It’s a nice guitar (at least, that particular one was). That’s my PGM Mikro next to it 😂

12AB9AE0-1D43-4830-B609-95957D40F8D0.jpeg

I’ve STILL got the regular blue one on order. Apparently it’ll be here in spring. I really got excited when I a friend scored a ICH10, and I got to play it. It’s a nice guitar (at least, that particular one was). That’s my PGM Mikro next to it 😂

View attachment 3427
I have a Strandberg original 6 but I don’t entirely like the slanted frets and a Japanese Ibanez headless may be a better fit.

I have a Strandberg original 6 but I don’t entirely like the slanted frets and a Japanese Ibanez headless may be a better fit.
I’m 100% on board if they do a Prestige that’s somewhat reasonable in price. I mean, I’m a cheater since I get them at cost since I do my buddy’s shop photography and web work, but some of this shit is still pricy.

Last edited:
It’s pretty weird that there’s no new Satch or Vai models, period.
I’m not ashamed to say I dont recognize a full half of their artist roster. Merging another thread here, I’m wondering how many of these artists are more YouTube famous than having gone out in the world and done shit famous. I dont know, so maybe you or the rest of the forum can school me.

I’m never going to look at people who’s biggest achievement in the world was starting and growing a successful YouTube channel. Some are quite humble and those I sub and respect. Many are quite full of themselves. Yes, its an accomplishment but no you didnt tour the world with DLR or Whitesnake (when they were playing arenas).

But I guess in the end, if you’re putting their guitar with your name on it in front of 500k subs, its good business. Old man yells at cloud. Once upon a time, you had to go out and do to be a star. I guess now you just need a thumbnail looking like you’re about to catch the money shot and a clickbait title. It’s all the same now.

Back