Ibanez 2023 Models

I’m gonna spin a little positivity here and ass kiss a little.

Leon Todd. Runs a successful channel. Has a band that’s done some stuff and looks the part. Does he have a signature model guitar? PRS should be talking to him because I think those are the guitars he loves most.

Anyway. This is how you do it. Don’t have a channel, don’t look like the IT guy at my job, have a personality like wallpaper and have some solid stage experience.

Leon deserves some accolades for bringing a little Rock and Roll to this drab ass marketing environment. Plus, he’s young so there’s no excuse of the world changed. Yea the world changed but he’s still cool.

Truth! :headbang

Probably not the greatest thread to post this in but if anyone knows of an new in stock Prestige S somewhere in the USA, please let me know. I've searched long and hard but I'm most likely down to smaller stores with no web or Reverb presence. Thanks very much!

Probably not the greatest thread to post this in but if anyone knows of an new in stock Prestige S somewhere in the USA, please let me know. I've searched long and hard but I'm most likely down to smaller stores with no web or Reverb presence. Thanks very much!
ya man. I have a love/love relationship with the S series stuff and have since Frank Gambale had his signature one. I participated in a pretty thorough review of them and ended up keeping the Prestige

ya man. I have a love/love relationship with the S series stuff and have since Frank Gambale had his signature one. I participated in a pretty thorough review of them and ended up keeping the Prestige

I'm with you! I was dumb and traded my 2014 away and now I'm looking to right that wrong, and with better pu's than V7/V8 lol.

I'm with you! I was dumb and traded my 2014 away and now I'm looking to right that wrong, and with better pu's than V7/V8 lol.
Im still chasing the 89 s540 and s5407 from a couple years after that are now long gone. Man I miss those guitars. This is why I don't flip gear anymore. I don't care if I don't use it now. They're all put away and I'll get to them at some point.

Im still chasing the 89 s540 and s5407 from a couple years after that are now long gone. Man I miss those guitars. This is why I don't flip gear anymore. I don't care if I don't use it now. They're all put away and I'll get to them at some point.
In absolute agreement! There's 2 I miss but I've learned my lesson. Only get rid of one's you can't stand. Sucks it's next to impossible to find an S series atm.

In absolute agreement! There's 2 I miss but I've learned my lesson. Only get rid of one's you can't stand. Sucks it's next to impossible to find an S series atm.
Like Les Pauls in the 90s. No one wanted them. We had a store here in NYC back when we had a music row called We Buy Guitars. They went out of business had to have been in the 90s. They sold mostly Fender and Gibson. You could have bought a Norlin in good shape for 600 bucks or so. No one wanted them. Now? Forget it.

Sevenstring.org generally has a couple popping up in the Classified section.

Oh man, I’ve been seeing 90’s S’s popping up left and right in the Boston area! My buddy was guitar shopping for about 6 months and was dead set on getting one but didn’t know the differences in models/parts so he’d send me Craigslist adds over and over. There was the flame maple green with gold hardware recently, dead mint for $700! I actually had my buddy hit the guy up for ME to buy it, but it was already sold. Always loved that model.

1996-ibanez-s540-fm-custom-green-burst-3xkc8Eg.jpg

Sevenstring.org generally has a couple popping up in the Classified section.
Thank you! But then I have to deal with grumpy sso people :hmm :grin

Have been looking there, even though I'd prefer a new one. Seems I just missed one online :(

Oh man, I’ve been seeing 90’s S’s popping up left and right in the Boston area! My buddy was guitar shopping for about 6 months and was dead set on getting one but didn’t know the differences in models/parts so he’d send me Craigslist adds over and over. There was the flame maple green with gold hardware recently, dead mint for $700! I actually had my buddy hit the guy up for ME to buy it, but it was already sold. Always loved that model.

1996-ibanez-s540-fm-custom-green-burst-3xkc8Eg.jpg
Hmm, a mint of that era is like unreal! That's like forever ago! :banana

Thank you! But then I have to deal with grumpy sso people :hmm :grin

Have been looking there, even though I'd prefer a new one. Seems I just missed one online :(

Hmm, a mint of that era is like unreal! That's like forever ago! :banana

Not so long ago but for a while MIJ Ibanez’ have been stupid prices, like $1500 for an RG570. Thankfully they’re coming back down.

Not so long ago but for a while MIJ Ibanez’ have been stupid prices, like $1500 for an RG570. Thankfully they’re coming back down.
My last Prestige S was 2014 and it was $1600 if my old-man memory is working atm. Definitely don't think Ibanez raised prices post-COVID as bad as some others! PRS <cough> EBMM <cough> for example.

My last Prestige S was 2014 and it was $1600 if my old-man memory is working atm. Definitely don't think Ibanez raised prices post-COVID as bad as some others! PRS <cough> EBMM <cough> for example.

That’s because they jacked ‘em up so high pre-covid they didn’t have to!

But I was mainly speaking of used prices. All the 90’s MIJ stuff went through the roof for about 5-6 years.

You can’t leave those trucks under 20 bucks.
yeah, the reason why is because the overhead on these trucks is not as low as everyone thinks. it's really a kitchen on wheels. that doesn't mean you can't make quality food on it.

I would expect nothing less from your financial sense, man!

Maybe the HRI crew can hire you to pull up on the other side of Disney, or a Suhr party!
funny because i would totally do suhr, but not sure my truck would easily make that drive as it's old (a 2001). i know that i am supposed to do tyler, and maybe fender (come on, joey brasler!) and definitely DW drums (john good is a friend of mine, and we do his super bowl party every year).

funny because i would totally do suhr, but not sure my truck would easily make that drive as it's old (a 2001). i know that i am supposed to do tyler, and maybe fender (come on, joey brasler!) and definitely DW drums (john good is a friend of mine, and we do his super bowl party every year).

Well that wrap makes it look spankin' new!

Back