I think this would be cool to have

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
I may start a daily weird ass amps post. THIS thing is definitely worth the money but it's butt ugly and such an odd tube choice for a 2204 "clone" I wonder if it could be brought up to typical 2204 specs with the right trannie and tubes? Weird choice of tubes but 6v6 is definitely a better tube than EL84 for how I like to sound. The 6SL7's are an even weirder choice methinks.

00000_jWtWM3Q3TvR_0kE0fs_1200x900.jpg
00h0h_hpbwxhVBimd_0kE0fs_1200x900.jpg

I may start a daily weird ass amps post. THIS thing is definitely worth the money but it's butt ugly and such an odd tube choice for a 2204 "clone" I wonder if it could be brought up to typical 2204 specs with the right trannie and tubes? Weird choice of tubes but 6v6 is definitely a better tube than EL84 for how I like to sound. The 6SL7's are an even weirder choice methinks.

View attachment 10861View attachment 10862
I like that snake skin tolex

One thing holding me back is no FX loop. Not sure if adding one would be a big deal or costly.
Pedal platform? it would be a bit better if it was 50 watts for this purpose (especially for gigging) but the price is pretty solid where it's at provided you like the aesthetics.

I actually rocked this set up back in the late 80's for a couple years. I had the pants to match

View attachment 10875
I love it lol. I think I had that same Randall head back around '95-96. Solid State, right?
On the distortion channel, running through a '70s Marshall basketweave 4x12, tone was :love. Any other combination sucked!

I love it lol. I think I had that same Randall head back around '95-96. Solid State, right?
On the distortion channel, running through a '70s Marshall basketweave 4x12, tone was :love. Any other combination sucked!

Yeah if I remember right it was Solid State and I think I ran a a TS808 into a Turbo RAT then into the clean channel for my gain.

Yeah if I remember right it was Solid State and I think I ran a a TS808 into a Turbo RAT then into the clean channel for my gain.
I had just gotten my first bk tube driver around that time as well, but couldn't make it work with the Randall.
But for some reason the combo of EMG 81/85, Randall distortion, Marshall cab just worked great and sat nicely in a band.
Even so, shortly after I got rid of it and started using a Traynor YGM-3 for years after. Handled pedals much better.

I had just gotten my first bk tube driver around that time as well, but couldn't make it work with the Randall.
But for some reason the combo of EMG 81/85, Randall distortion, Marshall cab just worked great and sat nicely in a band.
Even so, shortly after I got rid of it and started using a Traynor YGM-3 for years after. Handled pedals much better.

I never had a Butler Tube driver but I did have the RT2100 head right around the same time as this Randall. Cool head I remember you could blend the channels and get some really interesting gain tones out of it. Kinda wish I never let it go.

Back