I needed a backup modeler so..NPD MG-30

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Had to keep it under 500 (wife radar limit in 2022) and bought the MG-30 for a 2nd time. I did actually like it but at the time I had bought this and the MX-5 to decide which one would be a backup to my Helix LT. Well now I am sans Helix LT I still need a backup so why not the one I liked slightly less than the MX5? I thought the 1987x amp in the MG-30 was fantastic. Now that I am not deciding which to keep, I can has both.

A little OT but I opted not to buy the Genz Benz El Diablo so I took those funds and grabbed the MG-30 instead. I did buy the wife a really cool tambourine with the order.

A friend of mine dropped by with his MG-30 a few weeks ago, and I agree - the Plexi is really convincing. AC/DC right out of the box.

The UI is pretty sensible for the most part, and the PC editor is nice, too. (Ahem.)

So far so good. Almost forgot how good the build quality is of the unit and the free 2 button extra footswitch. Right out the gate The VIVO (5150) is insanely good and just gobs of tight liquid gain. The 1987x is as I remembered beautiful high gain Marshall tones when kicked in the nethers with the TS block. Still working on medium gains and cleans but the high gain options are fantastic.

Nice!!! Any other Marshall amps in there???
thrash crazy nights GIF

I really need to give Nux a try - every single clip of their amp modeling products i've heard left me pleasantly impressed.

I really need to give Nux a try - every single clip of their amp modeling products i've heard left me pleasantly impressed.

It's pretty legit, especially when you factor in bang for the buck. NuX also seems to care more about updating than their competitors in this price range. Super easy to use, sounds good, feels good and not only looks good but is also built to last.

My only complaints so far are that there is no polyphonic pitch block and no way to run dual amp blocks. With a dual processor device I'd think both of those would be attainable so maybe in a future update I dunno.

Back