I need a cheap'ish 100w tube head and have it narrowed down to these..

From flipping to flip-flopping. :LOL:

I'm still deciding but honestly every hour that goes by the Valveking sounds better and better @ 200 bucks. A couple simple non invasive mods on those puts it into darn good territory. I had one back in 2010 or so and a lower gain tube in V1 plus jumping the input jack turned it into a very giggable amp. It also leaves me 300+ for other toys lol. My financial advisor (wife) told me 600 max on this round.

The contract I signed doesn't specify a lot of stuff. 100w tube amp with 4x12 are the exact words for the backline. I suppose I could try and sell off some stuff I have in storage and get more expensive stuff but honestly I'm guaranteed 500 bucks (2 shows in 2023) as it stands right now, and I am already 1k into filling out my (already had most of it) backline. Whatever guitar head I end up with is the last thing on the list. I was going to use my MKII Boss Katana til I read the contract.

There's also been some developments on some of the other amps. The Series one is a CL deal and the person wont get back to me. I even found out who he was via the same ad on FB marketplace and DM'd him there. Crickets. the JCA100H has some "issues" I was told.

It makes me sad to hear that someone is incapable of recognizing the supple texture afforded a fine vintage piece by the luxurious ‘rat fur’ finish of the era.
The '80s answer to the '70s "Pothead Red" guitar finish. :D
maxresdefault.jpg

Hmm I wouldn't get any of those (maybe the jet city out of what you listed)

Peavey ultra, or boosted VTM might be worth searching around for, XXX and JSX still go for 5-600 sometimes....

DSL probably best if you're able to find one
Made me look: GC has a JSX listed for $569 right now. Hmm...

if its a paid gig with contracts involved im spending a little more money for something better than a bottom tier tube amp. nobody wants to play or hear a valveking. the thing will probably blow up and youre gonna get blamed. if a dsl blows up no one is blaming you.

if its a paid gig with contracts involved im spending a little more money for something better than a bottom tier tube amp. nobody wants to play or hear a valveking. the thing will probably blow up and youre gonna get blamed. if a dsl blows up no one is blaming you.

Valid points for sure.

Back