I might be starting a band

HotRats

Roadie
Tomorrow I'll meet some musicians interested in starting a new band.

I've left my previous band last year (because I've changed town) and due to the Covid shit storm it's like I've left them in 2020.

It's a long time. A long time playing alone with my self.

I don't know these guys and I hope we'll find a common ground for starting a new band.

So, finger crossed.

Good luck!

It can be just as exciting as it can be dreadful heading into that situation, I keep my expectations as neutral as possible and just hope no one’s an asshole.

Good luck; be yourself
Christopher Lloyd Realization GIF

Good luck! Originals or covers or both?

I have no idea. I've been involved by the bass player and he didn't feel the need to discuss details in advance. I don't trust bass players. Lol

Good luck!

It can be just as exciting as it can be dreadful heading into that situation, I keep my expectations as neutral as possible and just hope no one’s an a*****e.

Yeah, I hope they're all normal human beings.

Sounds like fun if you find the right group of cats to play with especially if you’re in an area where there’s lots of action. Then I think back about all that drama…think I’ll pass for now and learn more about garage band to do some recording… Best of luck to you!!!

rock band comedy GIF by Fox TV

Yup. No different than dating..... but with 2, 3, or 4 additional people involved. :LOL:

Hope it's a cool gig/hang. :beer

LOL, thank you.

Sounds like fun if you find the right group of cats to play with especially if you’re in an area where there’s lots of action. Then I think back about all that drama…think I’ll pass for now and learn more about garage band to do some recording… Best of luck to you!!!

rock band comedy GIF by Fox TV

This is the area where I was born a raised, I went away when I was 27. When I was here there was a lot of live music and I played my fair share of gigs with my band back then.

I moved back after 21 years and looks like there's a bit less movement but, to my surprise, there's much more live music here than in the big city I lived.

I'm not looking for a gigging machine anyway because I don't have the time to do it right now.

10/15 gigs/year would be perfect for me but even less is ok.

🤞

Last edited:
I've met the bass and the guitar players and they looked like nice guys. We chatted for more than an hour and kinda agreed on what we want/need/expect.

If everything goes as planned this will be an hard rock cover band beacuse looks like that's where we find common ground.

Good vibes so far.

Next step is meeting with a drummer and a singer that are interested.

I've met the bass and the guitar players and they looked like nice guys. We chatted for more than an hour and kinda agreed on what we want/need/expect.

If everything goes as planned this will be an hard rock cover band beacuse looks like that's where we find common ground.

Good vibes so far.

Next step is meeting with a drummer and a singer that are interested.

Sounds like they are doing things right at first. Meeting up to discuss goals and expectations is the best way to get things started. I almost always ask prospects to meet with the band at a pizza joint or something and hang for a couple hours to discuss things before we ever strike a note together. Having people to play with that get along together is far more important than than pure skill. Obviously they have to be at least competent on their instrument, that's a given but personality and attitude are number one for me.

Talking about it first can also help filter out misunderstandings and bad eggs.

Sounds like they are doing things right at first. Meeting up to discuss goals and expectations is the best way to get things started. I almost always ask prospects to meet with the band at a pizza joint or something and hang for a couple hours to discuss things before we ever strike a note together. Having people to play with that get along together is far more important than than pure skill. Obviously they have to be at least competent on their instrument, that's a given but personality and attitude are number one for me.
If we can't sit down over a plate of gabagool; we got nothing to discuss.

Talking about it first can also help filter out misunderstandings and bad eggs.

I always do this but unfortunately happened to me more than once that people don't understand or ignore what we agreed, especially about rehearsals and gigs frequency.

In my last band we had to let go 2 bass players and a drummer. It's just like they told us ok, I'm fine with the band "rules" and setlist only to get in and see if they can make us change direction.

I hate those people because they make you loose months.

Last edited:
I have no idea what this is about, LOL

Since we’re a bunch of fatasses here in the States, we found another way to make the body sweat that is the total opposite of going to the gym or physical fitness; stuffing our bodies with so much meat our bodies work overtime to break it down and causing us to sweat like we’re actually exerting energy. :rofl

I always do this but unfortunately happened to me more than once that people don't understand or ignore what we agreed, especially about rehearsals and gigs frequency.

In my last band we had to let go 2 bass players and a drummer. It's just like they told us ok, I'm fine with the band "rules" and setlist only to get in and see if they can make us change direction.

I hate those people because they make you looks months.

Been through it too many times. One guy was given a 2nd chance and promised he'd play nice then went right back to trying to change the band format

Back