I made the mistake of listening to Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and Paul Gilbert

Sorry about that.
Don't how's the situation where you live but here I can't find a decent band to join.

I've relocated more that a year ago and I'm still without a band.
Honestly, I hadn't even been trying. The drummer insisted on dragging me out of the basement after ~10 years of "civilian life", and now I'm thinking I should have just stayed there. <pick a random emoji>

c3b9d5b9-6070-459c-81dd-1b02deff91cd_text.gif

the guitar is a funny thing. Hire a guy to clean out your drains, maybe he got a C in all his tradeschool classes. Comes and does a good enough job, gets paid and everyone’s happy.

Guitar players, if you’re not in the top .00001% of the talent pool, you’re nothing.

Is it fair, no.

Only according to guitar players. Thankfully, they seldom make up
even a minourity of the crowd, let alone a majourity.
Yea that’s 100% true. Had a Soundguy tell me I’m the best country guitar player he’s ever heard come thru there.
I’m actually a pretty horrible country guitar player and was told (delicately) by none other than Guthrie Trapp. Try that one on for size. Crippling self doubt is real. Still I pick up the guitar with the goal of just being better than I was yesterday.

He’s still great and seems like a really, really great dude. He’s on Jasta’s podcast all the time! That’s where he first told the whole story of what happened when left KSE, the dude almost took himself out and it wasn’t looking good for a while for him. I saw him with Light The Torch about 2 years ago and he killed it. He was probably the oldest guy on that stage that night and showed all these younger guys, ALL playing to a ton of tracks, how to go out and tear it up. I love that him and Jesse get along great and have no problems sharing the stage these days.
The Signal Fire, especially the video, is just so damn awesome. I love the two of them together.

Back