I love plastidip. I love blacked out amps.

The Badlander eq is nuts compared to any other Boogie I've used.

Yeah it actually makes sense. Mid is mid, treble is treble, bass is bass, a novel concept. I’ve had a few Mark amps, and this is my experience:

Gain = Gain & Noise
Treble = Also Gain, actually adds maybe more than the gain knob and as a bonus the more you turn this up the less anything else matters.
Mid = Placebo
Bass = Flub
Presence = Actually Treble.

That looks sick. You executed it well, I was expecting a horror show when I saw plastidip in the title of a thread in the amp forum…

D

That looks sick. You executed it well, I was expecting a horror show when I saw plastidip in the title of a thread in the amp forum…

D
Thanks! I actually think Plastidip is the way to go, mainly because if you make a mistake you don't ruin anything. Let it dry and it peels off a lot easier than normal paint. I've done this before a couple times as well, here's a pic of an old triple rec where I blacked out the chrome treadplate and left the grill unpainted, this was around 2017 or so:

Screenshot_20210805-093936_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! I actually think Plastidip is the way to go, mainly because if you make a mistake you don't ruin anything. Let it dry and it peels off a lot easier than normal paint. I've done this before a couple times as well, here's a pic of an old triple rec where I blacked out the chrome treadplate and left the grill unpainted, this was around 2017 or so:

View attachment 1253
Stop it, I miss my triple rec. I don’t need another one, but I still want it anyway…

D

Stop it, I miss my triple rec. I don’t need another one, but I still want it anyway…

D
I loved mine too. I downsized from it because I mainly play at home through a Torpedo Captor now and I think because it was over the max wattage of the Captor, it just sounded terrible through it. I've since used Dual and Mini Rectifiers through the Captor with no problem, but the Triple unfortunately had to go.

Translation: The Badlander eq is not nuts compared to all other Boogies. ;)

I love Boogies, but man they are wonky, and can sound awful if you dial them in
with your eyes and not your ears.

Edit: In fairness, they have gotten better over the years and the more recent Boogies
don't seem to be as outlandish when it comes to how you have to EQ them for
optimum tones.

Translation: The Badlander eq is not nuts compared to all other Boogies. ;)

I love Boogies, but man they are wonky, and can sound awful if you dial them in
with your eyes and not your ears.
Curb Your Enthusiasm Bingo GIF by Jason Clarke

You know what I think would be kickass, is an all blacked out Badlander, with black metal knurled knobs, EXCEPT the gain knobs be anodized red knobs. DON'T ANYONE STEAL MY FUCKING IDEA!!

love it , looks killer . I prefer the new look I think over the stock
I get it though. A lot of us complained for years that we couldn't see recto settings from across a room or stage and Mesa proactively tried to give us much more readable knobs. I just like the look and feel of the metal knobs more.

Reactions: JT
You know what I think would be kickass, is an all blacked out Badlander, with black metal knurled knobs, EXCEPT the gain knobs be anodized red knobs. DON'T ANYONE STEAL MY f*****g IDEA!!
I did a variation on this on one of the 36 5150III 50 watters I owned. I can't remember if it was channel volume or gain? Black knobs on the white head. It came in handy because that damn thing was one blob of all white.

Back