I like most of the gear I’ve had the last couple of years, an opinion I generally only form

Right after I’ve sold it.

That is all.

#buytwice
6slz50.gif

Exactly why I didn’t sell stuff for the longest time. I’m just now starting to think of moving some of these pedals I’ve got now that I‘m not digging so much and I have no attachment to them yet. The second I figure out how to use one, even if it’s for 5 seconds in a song, my brain will make me want to keep it forever.

Selling that Carvin Legacy stack after high school really, really smacked me upside the head down the road. And trading my first guitar (which @Iron1 happened to have the exact model of, now in my possession waiting it’s Cadillac Pink finish). For the longest time, I’d rather go a long period without buying gear if I couldn’t swing it at the time, rather than selling something I’ll regret so I can get something new.

I tend to choose carefully and make do with getting the best with what I have, because the potential of the gear I have tends to outstrip my capacity to get the best out of it.

Oh god tell me about it. Modelers bring this out in spades. It's a sickness :rofl
I don't know what you're talking about. I only went from an HD500x to a Stomp to an Axe Fx to a Helix Rack... and bought two Katana's in there as well... :rofl

i've slowed down on buying gear and i think i might have actually found what works for me. i do kinda want to try other modelers but not really enough to click buy and spend the money. i think the fun for me has transitioned a little bit from gear related to just trying to have fun playing music with my hommies with what i have.

i am officially old now, maybe that is why my mindset is starting to shift. like i am realizing that constantly cycling through gear can be fun but that is not necessarily where the most fun can be had.

lol watch after typing all this BS i see a good deal and buy some nonsense hahahaha.

I don't know what you're talking about. I only went from an HD500x to a Stomp to an Axe Fx to a Helix Rack... and bought two Katana's in there as well... :rofl

Hahahaha SOME people here have had an FM3 more than once….more than twice…..an FM9 more than once…. :rofl

There’s one member we anticipate joining before long who has had an FM3 like….5x?

Exactly why I didn’t sell stuff for the longest time. I’m just now starting to think of moving some of these pedals I’ve got now that I‘m not digging so much and I have no attachment to them yet. The second I figure out how to use one, even if it’s for 5 seconds in a song, my brain will make me want to keep it forever.

Selling that Carvin Legacy stack after high school really, really smacked me upside the head down the road. And trading my first guitar (which @Iron1 happened to have the exact model of, now in my possession waiting it’s Cadillac Pink finish). For the longest time, I’d rather go a long period without buying gear if I couldn’t swing it at the time, rather than selling something I’ll regret so I can get something new.

It sort of dawned on me looking at the 5153 thread. I owned that amp, liked it, had some relatively minor quibbles with it and ultimately sold it. Pretty much every time its come up since I’m like “yeah, it’s a badass amp” and then wonder to myself why I bothered selling it to begin with. :ROFLMAO:

Which then got me thinking about the amps and cabs I’ve churned over the last few years, almost all of which I like in retrospect.

Probably a mixture of overthinking, gas, some silly notion of a “perfect” setup, SQUIRREL, etc.

Righted one wrong going back into Synergy land a second time, which indirectly addressed the mistake of dumping my SLO30 head.

I’ve been considering going back to a 212 for practicality, well guess what I already had… a Mesa and Invectice 212 lol.

I think there is indeed wisdom with the old adage “Never sell, always buy”.

Last edited:
Back