I Had to Prove it to Myself

Kemper Profile of a Tonex Capture (yes I know... I need Jesus, thx JT ;)).

Can you tell which is which? I can't. Alternates between the two at each repeat (Tonex is software, not pedal).

What about if you go the other direction? Tonex capture of a Kemper profile?

giphy.gif

The thing I don’t understand is that the Kemper will “perfectly” profile this Tonex capture. If I try to profile that exact same amp, the Kemper doesn’t create a profile that sounds as good.

The thing I don’t understand is that the Kemper will “perfectly” profile this Tonex capture. If I try to profile that exact same amp, the Kemper doesn’t create a profile that sounds as good.
Wouldn't that mean that the Tonex capture is not "perfect" and is within Kemper's capabilities to capture?

Or that the way you set the amp up for capturing on the Kemper results in worse results and you would have to do something to change it to work like whatever the Kemper expects?

“But… but… but… the aliasing! The aliasing!” 😂

Close enough for rock and roll dude. Add some bass and drums and not even Eric Johnson would be able to tell the difference. 👍🏻

Wouldn't that mean that the Tonex capture is not "perfect" and is within Kemper's capabilities to capture?

Or that the way you set the amp up for capturing on the Kemper results in worse results and you would have to do something to change it to work like whatever the Kemper expects?

Except that the Tonex capture sounds just like the amp it captured. :confused:

Back