i dont need another cab.... i dont need another cab....

sleewell

Roadie
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!

the guitar player in Piss Ant played an omega a couple of weeks ago and it sounded amazing. bet this thing rips but its fucking huuuuuuuuuge. gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!!!!!

3 12s and a 15 sounds pretty rad.

1710509458060.png

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!

the guitar player in Piss Ant played an omega a couple of weeks ago and it sounded amazing. bet this thing rips but its fucking huuuuuuuuuge. gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!!!!!

3 12s and a 15 sounds pretty rad.

View attachment 20080
I bet it sounds glorious, hernia and all.

Mesa got me hooked on having nice big wheels on cabs. I don't even look at cabs that don't have them now (Orange and Dr Z, for example).

That cab looks uber awesome, though. :satan

I can't speak for that particular cab, but I made myself a 2-12/1-15 cab loaded with Weber 12" grey wolfs and 15" blue dog. It's by far one of the most full sounding cab's I've played through. The extended lows & highs of the 15" speaker really fill out the sound.

I say go for it. Then again I'm an enabler when it comes to buying shit you really don't need.

Cabs are one of the most important components of a tone. I’m pretty sure Ola did a video where he compared one amp with a bunch of cabs vs one cab with a bunch of amps (could have been another YouTube personality). Swapping cabs made a bigger difference in tone than swapping the amp heads did. If you can swing it financially and you have the space, I’d say get it!

Mesa got me hooked on having nice big wheels on cabs. I don't even look at cabs that don't have them now (Orange and Dr Z, for example).

That cab looks uber awesome, though. :satan
Yep, but I keep four on the floor for match up purposes.
If 4 on the floor is the sweet spot,
-fire in the hole it.
I even have wheels on my 1X12.
I often move my cabinets around & use them to transport the amps amongst the room.
I come hard right outta’ the cannon when I order a cabinet.
Example:

“So Jaybone, which tolex are you going with”
Me:
“Wheels & caster’s?
“Yes, we can install”...-I cut him off,
Me: “Wheels & caster’s
“Sure no problem, back to the tol….”
-I chopped him off adruptly,
Me: “Wheels & casters??”

You can’t go buy a new back but you can buy….
-wheels & casters!!
And let the cabinet builder skillfully drill the holes
& install the caster fixtures👌.

Cheers,

-wheels & casters FOREVAAAR⚡

Last edited:
Cabs are one of the most important components of a tone. I’m pretty sure Ola did a video where he compared one amp with a bunch of cabs vs one cab with a bunch of amps (could have been another YouTube personality). Swapping cabs made a bigger difference in tone than swapping the amp heads did. If you can swing it financially and you have the space, I’d say get it!
Anyone with a digital modeler can try this for themselves. Even if you use e.g Fractal Dyna-Cabs where you can keep the mic at the exact same position, swapping the cabs tends to have a bigger effect than swapping the amps until you go into extreme differences (e.g a clean Fender vs high gain Marshall).

I currently own two 1x12s and a 4x10, all with Greenback or Greenback-ish speakers. my BluGuitar Amp 1 ME sounds quite a bit different through all of them, though there's certainly shared elements due to all speakers being GB based. I used to have a 1x12 with an Alnico Gold that was not a great match with this amp but was fabulous with a Vox style amp.

Speakers are not sexy compared to amps, but I'd honestly buy more cabs over more amps.

Back