I dipped my toe into digital profiling/modeling yesterday.

I was going to check out the Helix or HX Stomp at the local GC. Turns out they had nothing in stock. So I looked around and was just going to leave but saw the TONEX One. At $179, it was kind of an impulse buy but this thing is crazy good. I got a fantastic Fender tone plugging it into the effects return of my DSL40C and globally defeating the cab.

The only problem is that I don’t have a computer with a USB C connection so I’m stuck with the presets for now.

At $179 there really no reason to not pick one up.

Last edited:
Oh No Omg GIF by WWE

:grin

I was going to check out the Helix or HX Stomp at the local GC. Turns out they had nothing in stock. So I looked around and was just going to leave but saw the TONEX One. At $179, it was kind of an impulse buy but this thing is crazy good. I got a fantastic Fender tone plugging it into the effects return of my DSL40C and globally defeating the amp and cab.

The only problem is that I don’t have a computer with a USB C connection so I’m stuck with the presets for now.

You can't deny these little boxes are fun. Digital tech has come a long ways.
The HX stuff has been a blast, same with the Pod express. I've never tried the Tonex though.

I was going to check out the Helix or HX Stomp at the local GC. Turns out they had nothing in stock. So I looked around and was just going to leave but saw the TONEX One. At $179, it was kind of an impulse buy but this thing is crazy good. I got a fantastic Fender tone plugging it into the effects return of my DSL40C and globally defeating the amp and cab.

Congrats!

Now... get that thing hooked up and download some toanz!

You can't deny these little boxes are fun. Digital tech has come a long ways.
The HX stuff has been a blast, same with the Pod express. I've never tried the Tonex though.
i can imagine that this little thing with the helix would be very versatile.

Oh. Wait. I have a USB A to USB C cable around here. Somewhere. That should work as long as it doesn’t require more than 5v at the port.

Am I reading this correctly, if you defeated the amp and cab, then what was the Tonex doing to the tone?

I guess when you defeat the power amp and cab so you can plug it into your effects return.
You would only want to disable the cab on the Tone X. The power amp is going to be baked in to any capture more or less. There is no way to say disable the power amp of the a capture but keep the preamp.

If you globally defeated both the amp and cab on the Tone X, it sounds like it was just bypassed

Back