I Almost Drove Myself Crazy Just Now

TSJMajesty

Rock Star
So over at FAS, Burgs uploaded a new preset, which I had to have just for the clean ambient Sc 1. It sounded fantastic.

Well it didn't disappoint, and before I knew it I'm playing an open Am, with add notes of e, d, c..., just noodling around, and it reminds me of a song I've heard before.

BUT I CAN'T THINK OF WHAT IT IS!! And it's starting to drive me nuts! But as best I can recall, I start playing the chord progression, trying to remember the song.

Ozzy w/ Randy..., Muse..., Queensryche..., it's definitely something melodic and melancholy. Hmm, wait, it's probably a Dream Theater song from an album I don't listen to much. So I start searching. And I found it.

I assume I'm not the only one this has ever happened to...?

Cued to the part:

So over at FAS, Burgs uploaded a new preset, which I had to have just for the clean ambient Sc 1. It sounded fantastic.

Well it didn't disappoint, and before I knew it I'm playing an open Am, with add notes of e, d, c..., just noodling around, and it reminds me of a song I've heard before.

BUT I CAN'T THINK OF WHAT IT IS!! And it's starting to drive me nuts! But as best I can recall, I start playing the chord progression, trying to remember the song.

Ozzy w/ Randy..., Muse..., Queensryche..., it's definitely something melodic and melancholy. Hmm, wait, it's probably a Dream Theater song from an album I don't listen to much. So I start searching. And I found it.

I assume I'm not the only one this has ever happened to...?

Cued to the part:

That one section of music is my favorite thing they’ve done since SFAM.

I was driving home from work about 2 years ago and that part came up, I wasn’t in a particularly bad/depressed mood that day but I‘m assuming due to the surrounding marriage BS at the time, I lost it. Totally took me by surprise. Such a great piece of music.

And yeah, that happens to me ALL THE TIME. There’s like 3-4 melodies that are constantly in my head and I have no clue if I wrote them or if they’re existing songs. I have a passing amusement with one in particular where I’m always thinking “I’ll figure you out one day”

That one section of music is my favorite thing they’ve done since SFAM.
Such a great piece of music.
I could've noodled around and came up with the Am Em F G, in various orders to make a decent chord progression, with the moving higher notes creating a melody..., but I'd have never been able to work a Bb in there like (probably) JP did. That's another reason I think he's so great.

Back