I’ve got a problem

metropolis_4

Shredder
I want another tube amp + pedals rig. So. Bad.

It’s only been 3 months since I sold everything and went back to an AxeFX III. The rig I got is the right rig for what I do, it worked perfectly and sounded amazing. It’s the rig I should have.

That /13 was totally the wrong amp for me…

… but I can’t stop thinking about it.

:bag

I've been in this situation more than once. "What if I am missing something?" uncertainty. I've eventually ended up selling the tube amps due to things like:
  • The Axe-Fx 3 sounds just as good or close enough so it's like having your cake and eating it.
  • I can't run the tube amp regularly at a volume where I would consider it to sound its best.
  • Having gear collecting dust because I'm not using it often enough makes me feel guilty, even if I don't need the money or space.

It’s not necessarily about just having a guitar cab and Amp where I'm at.

I really miss the days of throwing a TS and a delay in front of a tube amp and heading to the gig.

My brain is just struggling to accept that those days are over. That kind of rig doesn’t work for me anymore, but it’s still what I want

Hybrid rig…modeler into return of combo…or 4cm…or paired with analog preamps…is the answer ;)

still the option to go direct, but also the option to play an amp, where the modeler does a lot of stuff that is traditionally handled by pedals.
All of this. Once I figured out how to best combine the chocolate and the peanut butter; my enjoyment of my guitar tones in a live context grew 1000%. It's not a "this is better than that" so much as a "this sits with that so much better" thing. Bonus points for it's a blast to combine the visceral analog tools with the modern convenience of the digital tools. Best of both worlds, imo.

I’ve realized that you have to have three setups. (amp, modeler, studio rig) If you don’t have one of the three you’ll obsess about it way too long until you just actually buy it. #degenerategearhound

Get the amp. (Don’t sell the other gear, or you’ll miss that a couple months down the line)

All of this. Once I figured out how to best combine the chocolate and the peanut butter; my enjoyment of my guitar tones in a live context grew 1000%. It's not a "this is better than that" so much as a "this sits with that so much better" thing. Bonus points for it's a blast to combine the visceral analog tools with the modern convenience of the digital tools. Best of both worlds, imo.
FE2D3DCF-A612-41AD-BB56-CE6F29860E55.jpeg

Even works with boss stuff

kemper was on “acoustic preamp duty”.

It’s not necessarily about just having a guitar cab and Amp where I'm at.

I really miss the days of throwing a TS and a delay in front of a tube amp and heading to the gig.

My brain is just struggling to accept that those days are over. That kind of rig doesn’t work for me anymore, but it’s still what I want
The AxeFX/LXII may have solved all of my amp problems, but I still use a pedalboard.

Mesa express…non GEQ, 12 incher.…modded with a level control behind the return to accommodate abuse as a powered speaker.
Nice weight/power ratio…and a nice amp on its own.
Very nice! Is it a 25 watter or a 50? I'm still barely holding on to not buying one of those gd Blackstar combos :nails:rofl

25…I play stereo..so that should be enough with something next to it.

Did you play one of those gd blackstars yet?
not as sexy as a mark VII…but probably 1/10 of the weight?
I have not. The VII isn't too bad. I could do without the reverb tank and it is a little cinder block but it's manageable. I have gotten to a point with the dual 112 cabs that I know my load-in situation and I am ok with.

If I was half smart I would’ve kept the /13, used the money from the rest to get a Kemper Stage, and Profiled the /13

Overthinking? Nostalgia? I think you mentioned in threads here how you didn't jive with the amp, and
actually liked the lowly DSL40 better, no?? :idk

She wasn't as pretty as you remember her to be when you are lonely applies to amps as well. :LOL:

Overthinking? Nostalgia? I think you mentioned in threads here how you didn't jive with the amp, and
actually liked the lowly DSL40 better, no?? :idk

She wasn't as pretty as you remember her to be when you are lonely applies to amps as well. :LOL:
I think there was an issue with ohm matching but can't recall if correcting that sorted out the issues

Back