Hundreds of Helix users last night..

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
6zicg4.jpg

Should I be worried?

I just updated/wiped/restore my HX FX, and the update was done in only a few minutes.

No cab blocks here, of course. Maybe that's why it didn't take long? :unsure:

I got the boot failure but it was becuase I was an idiot and don’t read the instructions on updating HX Edit and let the previous version do the update It’s an easy fix even after it’s locked up by downloading the latest updater application and updating it that way. Then I updated HX Efit and it’s been good to go.

On a side note, not even using the new cabs, my go to patch did sound in a subtle way different and for the better. I wasn’t really expecting and could have been just me fooling myself but I don’t expect anything other than new cabs would obviously effect the end result.

I got the boot failure but it was becuase I was an idiot and don’t read the instructions on updating HX Edit and let the previous version do the update It’s an easy fix even after it’s locked up by downloading the latest updater application and updating it that way. Then I updated HX Efit and it’s been good to go.

On a side note, not even using the new cabs, my go to patch did sound in a subtle way different and for the better. I wasn’t really expecting and could have been just me fooling myself but I don’t expect anything other than new cabs would obviously effect the end result.

Yeah, my knee jerk (upon reading the notes), and since a few updates ago, was to ALWAYS download the new version of HX Edit and update the hardware THAT way.

I just updated my Stomp, haven't listened to anything yet, but that cab engine :love

You arent hearing things. There's a shine on the cabs that wasn't there. A/B them with the Legacy cabs and you'll hear it.

You arent hearing things. There's a shine on the cabs that wasn't there. A/B them with the Legacy cabs and you'll hear it.
Yeah I think you misunderstood. My go to patch has a 3rd party IR on it and I’ve not tried the new cabs. My go to patch with the third party IR had a bit more clarity to it but maybe I was fooling myself.

Yeah I think you misunderstood. My go to patch has a 3rd party IR on it and I’ve not tried the new cabs. My go to patch with the third party IR had a bit more clarity to it but maybe I was fooling myself.

Ahh ok got it

Back