How To Lower The Output of Only 1 String?

TSJMajesty

Rock Star
The Majesty has 2 rows of screws in the direct-mount Dimarzio PU's.

When playing a clean, arpeggio riff, I'm hearing what I think is an overly-loud high e string, as compared to the other strings.

I tried turning in both screws under the string, 1 full turn, but it didn't seem to affect the output, nor did it look that the screws got any lower either. Maybe they don't, but instead just tighten something inside the PU...? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't want to mess with it any more, as I don't want to damage anything. :nails :rofl

Does anyone know what to do for this type of issue, with these kinds of PU's?

The Majesty has 2 rows of screws in the direct-mount Dimarzio PU's.
Are you referring to the mounting screws or pole pieces?

You’ll likely want to lower the pickup and raise all the pole pieces except for the high E.

Are you referring to the mounting screws or pole pieces?
No. There are no pole pieces. 2 rows of screws.
You’ll likely want to lower the pickup
Can't. It's direct-mount.
and raise all the pole pieces except for the high E.
Maybe the screws can be raised, but I don't want to unscrew them unless I'm sure that's the right thing to do. I.e., I have no idea how many threads are past the bottom of the PU.

That’s what I was referring to. I should’ve been more clear.
Is there foam under the pickup?
Maybe the screws can be raised, but I don't want to unscrew them unless I'm sure that's the right thing to do. I.e., I have no idea how many threads are past the bottom of the PU.
Any string to string imbalances are typically resolved by adjusting the screws on a pickup. That’s what they are there for, but 99.9% of people never touch them. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are screwed in completely already.

If they aren’t, just go 1/8, 1/4, or 1/2 turn at a time take a note of how many turns you adjust them. That way you can retract if you’re not satisfied with the results.

The easiest thing is to raise the other pickup pole screws if you don't want to fiddle with the direct mount. Takes like 5 minutes.

Those are the ones to turn.
Direct mount doesn't mean height isn't adjustable. Try it and see what happens.
You can unscrew them all the way out if you want to, and put them back in, you won't brake anything.

Back