How To Charge Your Luminlays

DrewJD82

Staff member
I totally forgot I even had Luminlays on my Solar until reading the description of my model tonight, thought it was odd I’ve never seen them glow in over 2 years then figured it needed UV light. I don’t have any UV lights, but I DO have a blue Amazon laser that is most certainly higher powered than it’s listed and you shouldn’t even look at the dot on a wall because it’ll fuck with your eyes-

IMG_6223.jpeg

IMG_6224.jpeg

(Not strong enough to burn my couch)

Lasers are awesome, but so is eyesight. Be safe and hold the laser right against the edge of the fingerboard to smother the light from escaping.
IMG_6225.jpeg

Only takes maybe 3 seconds per dot!

IMG_6213.jpeg

Same here it's mostly dark in my space when i practice/play and ive yet to see any Lumilay glow

:idk

Great timing. I just bought some of this:

s-l1600.png

to add to the side dots on my basses for playing live.

Still trying to figure out the best way to apply it without making a mess, cause I'm an expert in making a mess but not in applying permanent paint to guitar necks.

s-l1600.png

Still trying to figure out the best way to apply it without making a mess, cause I'm an expert in making a mess but not in applying permanent paint to guitar necks.
I would make a stack of 1" strips of masking tape. Drill a hole through the middle the same size as the markers... badda Bing badda boom

One thing is for certain as death and taxes: if a thread is sorely lacking in tips for finding hidden bodily fluids, @FuzzyAce will be along to rectify that deficiency.
:rollsafe
Considering some of the posters in this thread -- I'm a light weight (saint) when it comes to bringing up subjects about bodily fluids! :rofl

s-l1600.png

No way dude, you need to take your cannibalismo, dip your fingers in that paint then tear it up for a song or two and just let it dry. Totally give it the CSI relic.

What better way to say “I’ve got killer riffs” than having your fingerboard look like a murder scene?!?

Back