How In TF Can Anyone Sell A Doubleneck SG For $339???

TSJMajesty

Rock Star
I get that it's a cheap Chinese knock-off, but still! And no, I didn't misplace the decimal point!

I just looked on Ebay for Gibson EDS1275 (and discovered that they made a version in the late 70's in a gorgeous brown/black burst), then I saw several offers from between 339 and a little over 400 dollars. How in the heck do the parts alone not cost more than this? Even if they're the cheapest crap produced? Are they 3D printed?

Un.freaking,believable!

Oh, and does anyone know the story as to why some versions of this guitar have the tuners between the 6 & 12 string headstocks aligned, yet on others the 12 string HS is shorter?

I used to think there were 2 models, an 1175 and a 1275, and that was the difference. But as far as I know, they're all called EDS1275. I could've swore I read way back that Alex Lifeson's was an 1175, and Page's was a 1275. I'm all confused.

Those parts are all such junk it’s not too surprising. I’m still always tempted to snag one that looks really nice just to see if I could fix it up, but I have other guitars in near-working condition that I know aren’t f*cked up I need to put together first. :ROFLMAO:

White SGs, though...:chef
Exactly. I have a short list of guitars I want to add to the stable eventually, and a white sg custom is near the top. Sonically, it doesn’t serve much of a purpose against my current guitars. I don’t care, I want it entirely for the way it looks…

D

Exactly. I have a short list of guitars I want to add to the stable eventually, and a white sg custom is near the top. Sonically, it doesn’t serve much of a purpose against my current guitars. I don’t care, I want it entirely for the way it looks…

D
I think I'd have to have a band that does select Triumph, Tesla, & Rush songs, and maybe Hotel California & Stairway, to justify buying one. Well maybe not the last one. Heck, who am I kidding..., I probably couldn't hold the guitar that long! But what an instrument!!

I’m still always tempted to snag one that looks really nice just to see if I could fix it up, but I have other guitars in near-working condition that I know aren’t f*cked up I need to put together first. :ROFLMAO:
PRS Private Stock'd

How bad was it??

I think I have under $300 shipped. Maybe closer to $200. It was shite. I am not even sure it was actual
wood, Drew. It looked like it was molded poly something or other when I pulled the pickups---which
said "EMG" on them but were not.

I don't recall being pleasantly surprised in relation to anything about it. :LOL:

It's nuts that site is still active. You can buy in quantities of 1000..... for $150 a piece. :wat

Or get your Ace Frehley Sig Les Paul for less than $150.

rBNaEmIy82OAK9vtAAf-b5CVEqU661.jpg

I think I'd have to have a band that does select Triumph, Tesla, & Rush songs, and maybe Hotel California & Stairway, to justify buying one. Well maybe not the last one. Heck, who am I kidding..., I probably couldn't hold the guitar that long! But what an instrument!!

I’m talking about just a white sg custom, not a double neck. I can’t imagine the situation in which I actually want to lug a double neck around, if there was one it definitely wouldn’t be cover tunes unless there was a boatload of money involved…

D

I think I have under $300 shipped. Maybe closer to $200. It was shite. I am not even sure it was actual
wood, Drew. It looked like it was molded poly something or other when I pulled the pickups---which
said "EMG" on them but were not.

I don't recall being pleasantly surprised in relation to anything about it. :LOL:

It's nuts that site is still active. You can buy in quantities of 1000..... for $150 a piece. :wat

Man, it’s crazy they put that much time into replicating details and just do it with garbage materials. Obviously it works because it seems like there’s an endless supply of these things. Like, if you live in a country where you can literally rip off the REAL THING and make an exact copy of it, with cheap labor, why not do that?! I guess my answer to that is sitting next to me with that Edwards as that’s basically what they’re doing with their smaller shop in China, they just go back to Japan for the finishing.

Sh*t, $150 isn’t bad for a really f*cking cool piece of wall art. How legit did it look in person?

Cosmetically, it was spot on, Drew. And the body was some sort of injection molded plasticy fiberglass thing.
Not sure if you looked at the site, but they have rip offs of EVERYTHING you can imagine. Even '59 Burst LPs. :LOL:

Back