Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Yes and snag a FM3

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Stop trading things 🤣

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mongillo19

Rock Star
Someone offered a mint Orange RV100 Mk3 for my Axe Fx III Mkii Turbo. I almost feel like I should get some $$$ back on my end but might be biased. My setup includes a 4u case and cheap power conditioner.

Anyway, I love my III but dearly miss the RV I've had in the past. If I did trade I'd be picking up a FM3 asap. I get FOMO with fractal as far as FW updates so that's my only concern about going down to a FM3. My patches aren't overly complicated so CPU isn't a concern.

Thoughts?

If you can somehow spend time with each together to evaluate how memory compares to usage today would be my recommendation. If you can swing having both would be the way(imo). There’s always the opportunity to grow into the III’s feature set.
Yeah I'm leaning towards just saving up for the RV. Gives me time to really make sure I want it and I know I would want a III again in the future. Trying to get better at that.

Someone offered a mint Orange RV100 Mk3 for my Axe Fx III Mkii Turbo. I almost feel like I should get some $$$ back on my end but might be biased. My setup includes a 4u case and cheap power conditioner.

Anyway, I love my III but dearly miss the RV I've had in the past. If I did trade I'd be picking up a FM3 asap. I get FOMO with fractal as far as FW updates so that's my only concern about going down to a FM3. My patches aren't overly complicated so CPU isn't a concern.

Thoughts?
Honestly, if you just stop reading the Fractal forum, the FOMO goes away really quickly. Alternatively, just stick to the FM3 area and the "WHEN ARE WE GONNA GET X, Y, AND Z?!?!?!?!?" whine fest will make you...not want to whine about what at this point amount to pretty trivial updates in terms of improvements to sound quality.

Back