Help me find a new 12" speaker.

The EV one? The Celestion 90 one is not good.

The speaker didn't really matter, but yes, I tried it both with an EV12L and a Scumback M65. It's just the wrong enclosure for my room. Everything that cabinet design is meant to achieve is exactly what I don't need in my current situation. If I had a bigger room or an empty two stall garage? That would be a very different story. (y)

I’ll elaborate instead of just being a smart ass. I don’t think the C90 based Thiele is bad, but yes I do think A. the EV version is much better and B. the C90 sounds much, much better in the wide body ported (23” wide) cab, and especially the wide body open back.

Is there a Thiele version for a EVM15L? I have 2 speakers dying for a cab home. Might be a fun project.
I do have some Thiele-esque 12" cabs with a EVM12S and an EV Force.
Love me some EV's.

I’ll elaborate instead of just being a smart ass. I don’t think the C90 based Thiele is bad, but yes I do think A. the EV version is much better and B. the C90 sounds much, much better in the wide body ported (23” wide) cab, and especially the wide body open back.
I basically agree with you but when you A/B them the EV ones are sooo much better. And you are right that the C90 speaker is good too just not best in this cab.

I tried one of those. Too much focus and boom for a 140 square foot room. The open back cab solves both those issues.

Dude knows his situation.

It's easy to be led astray with well-meaning, if not always pertinent, advice. Good on you! :beer

Been playing with it for the last 30 minutes and all's I can say is BOOM!

61sZ2545qNL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Absolutely perfect! Thanks for the creamback recommendations guys. Great call!

But you never turned toward the Dark Side, and that is all that matters. :hugitout

:ROFLMAO:

Also inspiring to all those who follow. :beer

Back