Helix floor expression pedal 1 and 2 switch troubleshooting the mechanics (pics)

this is the thing on the bottom of the expression pedal that moves closer or further from a receptacle (sensor?) on the board.
IMG_1577.jpeg
this is the receptacle/ sensor

IMG_1575.jpeg
am I missing a piece?

the switching was always near impossible to use but after about 20 times it just quit working. I probably stood on it too hard. The pedal works very well both #1 and #2 but you can’t switch between them using the pedal, you have to assign it in command center And save the preset.

didn’t want to send it in for repair because it was new and I didn’t want to be without it over such a minor inconvenience but now I’d like to fix it. I’m thinking of selling it to buy a Stomp XL because I need my Helix but want the portability of the Stomp XL and I figure I can manage with the few things missing between the two designs in exchange for the portability. I figure selling it will be easier if nothing is broken…

The two posts under the pcb.
Mission accomplished! Many thanks to James Freeman.

It is working now but I don't have much optimism in the fix holding long term based on looking at it after it went back in place. Two of the posts of one of the concave pieces are exposed sticking out from one side of the plastic housing, probably the one closest to the board. The dimple of the other one is visible and is centered so I think it is resting where it should so maybe that is by design. Also because there was no dirt to be found so I'm thinking my abusive stomping caused the disk to slide out of position and if that is what happened nothing I did has created a counter to prevent that happening again.

Makes me wonder why another design wasn't used. A micro switch with a stainless lever arm or a cam shaft type arrangement could have done the job and when mounted correctly they last a long time, at least in Soft Serve ice cream machines and numerous commercial ice makers I've worked on over the decades.

Back