Helix Faith no More bass preset?

pipelineaudio

Shredder
I’m not really looking for generic advice. I know it’s a bass and has an amp and he’s playing it and all the usual answers.

Has anyone seen a preset or a good idea or even a picture of the signal used in the early albums? I hear a truckload of compression, probably some distortion, likely some Dolby encode only treble boosting tricks but a bit stuck.

Maybe @Iron1 can give up the goods. I think he's using Helix rack for his bass tones, which have that gnarly, busting up asphalt kinda sound.

By the way, The Real Thing album has some of my favorite bass tones.

Have you tried Customtone? It’s a long shot but you might get lucky and find a good preset but you’ll have to wade through a bunch of shitty ones.

Here's what I got so far, pretty much trying to match We Care a Lot

Not able to get your link?
But that particular tone for that song is pretty clean and crisp on the top end, a great slap bass sound. You should be able to get something close in Helix with some experimentation.

These songs came to mind when you mentioned FNM. A bit more gnarly with distortion:

Not able to get your link?
But that particular tone for that song is pretty clean and crisp on the top end, a great slap bass sound. You should be able to get something close in Helix with some experimentation.

These songs came to mind when you mentioned FNM. A bit more gnarly with distortion:

One of the GOAT bass tones in rock. Hands down.

Could we get the mods to allow helix presets as an acceptable file attachment format.

We looked into this before and I think there's something with the forum's virus scan software that prevented us from doing it? I can't remember anymore, but it was one of those no-brainer, 'Yeah, of course we want to be able to attach presets' things, but can't do it.

I really love the one from we care a lot but it’s hard to separate from the kick drum.

Surprise Magic GIF by Nickelodeon

Man this is frustrating the hell out of me. I get closer then it gets way worse. I did end up with a cool, unrelated tone out of this that is pretty cool in a mix.

I have no clue what’s available in the Helix stuff, but when listening to it I found it funny that the tone both seems like it has plenty of mids while also sounding scooped.

I wonder if doing a dual-amp thing would work, where one amp is just focused on the Lows and Mids, while the other is all highs while scooping/shaping the mids of the other amp with the treble?

Back