Helix: Do you use parallel amps in your presets? Perfect pairing recommendations?

Helix: Do you use parallel amps in your presets? If so, which pairings do you recommend?

• Never tried this!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kartikg3

Roadie
This poll+question is for Helix users. Helix: Do you use parallel amps in your presets? If so, which pairings do you recommend?

Note: I am talking about having parallel amps, i.e. dual amps on at the same time in the signal chain.

Methinks having 2 amps with SLIGHTLY different sonic characteristics, panned hard left and right, with one of them detuned ever so slightly, and with a small delay (in the cab block perhaps), can result in a convincing spread+double track, at least on paper. Gotta try that out

nope. i have one amp block for cleans and another that does my crunch and high gain but not 2 at the same time.

I recommend pairing identical amps, panned hard left and right. For any amp that goes from clean/break-up to dirty with your guitar's volume knob, try putting your stereo modulations, delays, reverbs before the amps, you'll be amazed at how much more dynamic and non-linear they become as they combine with your amps' gain stages. Highly recommended for shoe-gaze, post-rock, ambient, P&W, U2 etc.

Methinks having 2 amps with SLIGHTLY different sonic characteristics, panned hard left and right, with one of them detuned ever so slightly, and with a small delay (in the cab block perhaps), can result in a convincing spread+double track, at least on paper. Gotta try that out
I tried using the same amps panned with the bias and sag bumped slightly on one to mimic real-world variance. I found that that my perceptive sound source always disappeared from the center into the left and right, no matter how discrete the changes were. I use the stereo-field purely for FX now.

Did you try that doubler they added in one of the recent updates?

Back