Heads Up: Taylor Hawkins LA Tribute Show

I can't see that it is streaming anywhere. :(

I wonder if they are going to film it for release later.

No livestream. Fuck! I want my MTV. ;)

Sounds like they are going to package this as a DVD/Blu-Ray release, and a Live Album.
Or so says "Reddit."

Of all the drummers to accuse of overplaying he’s probably at the bottom of my list! And I’m not even ‘one of those’ Tool fans!
Mostly joking. He's a pretty tasteful player, I can only imagine him subdividing a simple 4/4 song into four different time signatures mid-song.

Only because I kinda want to see it happen

Mostly joking. He's a pretty tasteful player, I can only imagine him subdividing a simple 4/4 song into four different time signatures mid-song.

Only because I kinda want to see it happen

I’m a drum fanatic, often more than I am guitar, that dude just has such a creative way of filtering his influences into their music that it’s just a big drumgasm for me. It’s like the dude took the lineage of the world’s greatest drummers and found the most badass way he could to make them work.

There’s guys like Mangini who can play anything on a technical level and has the 4-way independence down cold, but you really know what you’re going to get going into a Dream Theater song as where Danny just keeps coming up with stuff I’d never even think of. His grooves are just ridiculous.

When I started playing drums, just like young guitarists want to jump right into shredding and sweeping, there was one groove I wanted to learn REALLY bad and it’s a bitch between the feet alone. I sat in my buddy’s drum store practice room playing this for like a straight week until I got it. Couldn’t play f*ck all for anything else, but I got this beat down!

Pink KILLS it on this!!!! She doesn’t hold back or skip a single high note!

I was also really impressed with Taylor Momsen doing “The Day I Tried To Live”, that’s not an easy chorus to bang out and she laid right into it.

I just watched that song, I think Joe actually has a higher range than Miley these days! Not a dis to Miley, I actually love the sound of her voice.
Yeah I think Joe did just fine. And i am generally about as barf induced by Def Leppard as anyone could physically be. Miley stood there trying so hard to pretend like she wasn't ever on the Disney Channel like she always does. She has a good voice but my god the rest is such a mess.

Yeah I think Joe did just fine. And i am generally about as barf induced by Def Leppard as anyone could physically be. Miley stood there trying so hard to pretend like she wasn't ever on the Disney Channel like she always does. She has a good voice but my god the rest is such a mess.

I don’t have much an issue with Miley, her interview on Stern was pretty good and you got to see the more human side of her. Typical story; cute kid being thrust into the spotlight early on and then revolting towards it all once she turned 18. I have her last album and dig quite a bit of it.

:ROFLMAO: When I first got my Spector bass I heard that “Don’t Need To Be Loved By You” song, it was right when things were getting sh*tty in my marriage, I got taaaanked on a Sunday while watching football and kept running to my studio, learning the bass line and then I played it over and over like 100x driving my ex through the f*cking wall. :rofl

My only beef with Miley is that talking voice. I have heard more softness from an 80 year old
chain-smoking Lobsterman from Maine.

Sounds like she has been burning through 3 packs of Marlboros a day for 7 decades. :LOL:

She's legit. No posing there. Big fan of hers and The Pretty Reckless.

I've watched a bunch of her stuff because there's something about her that really draws me in, like red flags do with other women. She's always great, I just haven't heard anything yet where she's belting it out.

Back