Have some metal for your face!

DrewJD82

Staff member
Time to abandon this one before I'm absolutely sick of it.

And for those who wants to hear how it actually sounds-

I could tweak the mix more, but no. I need to stop. This is mainly meant to serve as an 'band members wanted' ad I can send to people in the area while putting a band together.

Guitars were the two LP's, one on each side, both going through the IIC++/Recto preset. I attached a delay to work in tandem with the Whammy, so whenever I step on the Whammy the delay input increases, letting the trails carry on while I go back to the dry riff. Double tracked throughout the song, in the chorus there's about....6? guitars doing different shit.

That's badass, Drew! Fucking eh, Man! :headbang

Got it about as loud as it can go here!!! :chef

So what are you looking for? You planning to sing? I am just curious what your ideal
lineup would be if you could choose it, rather than put lines out and hope for it?? :beer

Last edited:
That's badass, Drew! Fucking eh, Man! :headbang

Got it about as loud as it can go here!!! :chef

So what are you looking for? You planning to sing? I am just curious what your ideal
lineup would be if you could choose it, rather than lines out and hope for it?? :beer

Yeah, I’ll be doing vocals and guitar….while I REALLY just want to headbang and jump around, I know what‘ll happen when things get underway and I’m just saving myself the trouble now. I’ll never find a vocalist in this area that’ll do what I want to hear.

4-piece, ideally the other guitarist would wipe the floor with me so when the songs come up where I really just want to headbang, I’ll be more than happy to let the dude take the solo. Not really looking to gig outside of Broward and it’d have to be something REALLY fucking cool for me to ever gig in Miami again. Maybe some cartel land gigs in Hialeah, those always bring a certain amount of excitement. :roflThe bar/club scene here is just enough, 2-3 gigs a month tops, spend a couple practices putting the songs together….I just want to write music I know the drinkers in the South Florida metal scene are going to dig, cuz I dig ‘em to and we can all go headbang together.

Hahaha my two buddies I hang with every other week for metal and a meal, when I first told them I wanted to do this my bass player buddy who I’ve been in 3 bands with but does bluegrass now said “Well I know you’re going to ask me at some point but I’m not really interested in doing metal anymore, I barely even want to do bluegrass” and the guitar player buddy wasn’t as direct but just said he was happy doing his YouTube theme songs for now.

We’re in guitar player buddy’s studio last night so I could show them this tune, bass player buddy goes, “So when you think you’re gonna start putting this band together?” as guitar player buddy looks over with straight puppy dog eyes like “Are you gonna ask meeeee?” :ROFLMAO: I’d love to have them both in the band, I love those guys and they can play.

I’ve been “holding” the spot for Nacho, but even you know that situation. :rolleyes:

Dayuuum! Wow Drew that was awesome
Tell me there was a signature pick throw at the end of that one

:chef

No pick toss hahahha, when I recorded that solo yesterday it was after about 50 takes of it just improvising how I was gonna end it, I wasn’t entirely stoked with that and was going to re=record something today but when I listened back earlier I figured “Fuck it, I’m going to play the ending different every time I play the song in the future, it doesn’t matter”, slapped a bunch of delay on the last couple notes and called it a day!

sounds killer bro.:rawk

you are a true rectifier guy!!!!!

thats screeching sound should be your signature thing.... there are some Michelin star tasty riffs,,, you sound like Lamb of god...

fantastic job bro,,,

Way to scare off all the potential band members with songs too killer for them to play… sheesh.

And, love the Avatar vocal influence in there. :stirthepot

Hahahhah I actually re-recorded some of the vocals because they were TOO Avatar :rofl

And the last decade, every time I snuck into a band with them only thinking I did one thing, it became the most creatively stifling situations I’d ever been in…..big boy pants required in this band!

Super Troopers Wow GIF

Back