Has any musician been exploited/misrepresented as badly as Buddy Holly?

I don't think the compulsion to dig deeper exists for anything.

Fixed. ;)

Civilization is awash in a sea of TMZ, Kardashians, what Kanye said, nonsense Tiktok
challenges, baseless conspiracies, bullshit, bullshit, and more bullshit.

Nothing else matters. :facepalm

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
It's kind of the same as it ever was, though. There is that tale about Lao-Tzu, the
purported authour of the Tao-Te-Ching, who grew weary with the times he lived
in and left to live the remainder of his life in remote mountains.

"The third story in Sima Qian states that Laozi grew weary of the moral decay of life in Chengzhou and noted the kingdom's decline. He ventured west to live as a hermit in the unsettled frontier at the age of 80. At the western gate of the city (or kingdom), he was recognized by the guard Yinxi. The sentry asked the old master to record his wisdom for the good of the country before he would be permitted to pass. The text Laozi wrote was said to be the Tao Te Ching, although the present version of the text includes additions from later periods. In some versions of the tale, the sentry was so touched by the work that he became a disciple and left with Laozi, never to be seen again.[32] In others, the "Old Master" journeyed all the way to India and was the teacher of Siddartha Gautama, the Buddha. Others say he was the Buddha himself."

People still don't give a shit, Lao-Tzu. :LOL:

It's kind of the same as it ever was, though. There is that tale about Lao-Tzu, the
purported authour of the Tao-Te-Ching, who grew weary with the times he lived
in and left to live the remainder of his life in remote mountains.

"The third story in Sima Qian states that Laozi grew weary of the moral decay of life in Chengzhou and noted the kingdom's decline. He ventured west to live as a hermit in the unsettled frontier at the age of 80. At the western gate of the city (or kingdom), he was recognized by the guard Yinxi. The sentry asked the old master to record his wisdom for the good of the country before he would be permitted to pass. The text Laozi wrote was said to be the Tao Te Ching, although the present version of the text includes additions from later periods. In some versions of the tale, the sentry was so touched by the work that he became a disciple and left with Laozi, never to be seen again.[32] In others, the "Old Master" journeyed all the way to India and was the teacher of Siddartha Gautama, the Buddha. Others say he was the Buddha himself."

People still don't give a s**t, Lao-Tzu. :LOL:
TL;DR

:rofl

I like the bit where Lao Tzu talks about how it is misguided to try to define God, thus creating limits on his powers because man cannot fathom the infinite…

Paramount Network Kinda GIF by Yellowstone

I like the bit where Lao Tzu talks about how it is misguided to try to define God, thus creating limits on his powers because man cannot fathom the infinite…

Paramount Network Kinda GIF by Yellowstone
I say something to this effect all the time (although I can't help but use computer geek terminology like "scope", etc.)

Back