Hang in there Florida Pt 2: Milton

Frankencat

Roadie
Barely a little more than a week after Helene, Milton is getting ready to tear Tampa Bay a new butt hole. I finally got my house and my shop all battened down and am bugging out to Ft. Lauderdale in the morning until it’s over. Hang in there folks and be safe. This is gonna be nasty.

Barely a little more than a week after Helene, Milton is getting ready to tear Tampa Bay a new butt hole. I finally got my house and my shop all battened down and am bugging out to Ft. Lauderdale in the morning until it’s over. Hang in there folks and be safe. This is gonna be nasty.
What city are you?

I posted this in another thread, but it pretty much illustrates what is expected:

Stay safe folks!

Has anyone ever set up a..., "point-of-contact" type of thing, where people could post that they would make part of their home available for fleeing residents? Like..., I guess an internet site where it could be similar to air-bnb, showing how many occupants they could take in, people could post requests, then take it to some sort of direct communication where the parties could work out the details?

If not, I think that could be a good idea.

I mean, I'm way up in MD, which is too far most likely, but I would certainly be willing to take in some people for a short time.

Like, if you're evacuating, how far do you travel before you start looking for a motel? And I'm sure many people can't afford to suddenly drop $500-$1000, when you factor in the cost of gas/tolls/food/lodging for 3 days. Or if the infrastructure gets really damaged, it could turn into weeks or longer for some people, before they're allowed back.

Idk..., just trying to put myself in the shoes of those who have to evacuate. I can't quite wrap my head around the logistics. And these hurricanes are going to get worse, as an average, and more frequent.

Was just reading that all the gas stations are running out of gas and they expect cars to break down and clog the evacuation routes. 🤦

Be safe friends.

I’ve had Ryan Hall’s stream running in the background all day. Looking like this is going to be a big one.

Sarasota/Bradenton here.

We're about as ready as we can get. This truly sucks. I'm sure we'll lose power, It's not a question of if, it's more like when and for how long :(

Sarasota/Bradenton here.

We're about as ready as we can get. This truly sucks. I'm sure we'll lose power, It's not a question of if, it's more like when and for how long :(
If that's the least of your worries we would all be happy! Stay safe down there guys!

I have a dumb brother in law and his new wife that went down there a day before for their honeymoon, and they are stuck down there with no way to get out....I guess they are fine now....but 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Stay safe homies and homegirls!!❤️

Landfall in Tampa around 2am tonight, which is just prior to high tide. Tide table said 2.78M higher than low tide @ 2am. Wow!

A newscast I watched said 12 HOURS of sustained ~80 mph or greater winds all across central FL!

I couldn't fuckin imagine the wind blowing like that for that long!

Landfall in Tampa around 2am tonight, which is just prior to high tide. Tide table said 2.78M higher than low tide @ 2am. Wow!

A newscast I watched said 12 HOURS of sustained ~80 mph or greater winds all across central FL!

I couldn't fuckin imagine the wind blowing like that for that long!

In Orlando. Got the beer on ice. Taint nuttin but a thang:clint

Last edited:
I was just telling my boss, I normally hand wave hurricanes off due to the consistent inaccuracy of the reporting on them for the last 20 years, but this one is a bit different. While we’re not in the direct path, we’ve been getting flooded with regular rain in the last year and for the first time I’m glad I live on the 2nd floor of an apartment building. If I still had my house right now I’d be shitting bricks, especially with the wall under I95 acting as a damn at the end of the street.

The roads were pretty empty already this morning on the parking lot at the campus is empty, so I’m certainly not the only one with precaution on the mind, fortunately.

1728493165723.jpeg

Back