Guess this belongs here - UAFX Lion and Ruby

KingsXJJ

Roadie
Just got a chance to try these out at home.
F¥CK YEAH and then some. No IR’s straight into a 5 watt head/Creamback closed 2x12. I’m in. Plexi and Vox done.

We need a JCM800 model with selectable boost and mods. A 5150III, Mesa Dual Rect. And whatever higher gain units these guys can cook up and curate.

How about a one or two rack space unit with 12 amps spanning it all? Jesus I love it when I get to go… “Hell Yes! More please.”

We need a JCM800 model with selectable boost and mods. A 5150III, Mesa Dual Rect. And whatever higher gain units these guys can cook up and curate.
TC already did them and way cheaper. Haven’t compared either but both companies make good stuff

Which is? Tones are right but missing some tech functionality? Like midi?

Yep. I.m.h.o deliberate omission by UA ... given the price it should have been a given / standard

“How about a one or two rack space unit with 12 amps spanning it all?”

With midi of course

Well, *If* they were to ever do one ... which they never will ... it would need midi.

BTW ..... I hate everything about how UA do business ... but I still hate NDSP more ;)

Ben

BTW ..... I hate everything about how UA do business ... but I still hate NDSP more ;)

Ben
we hate TC to right? I think we’re hating TC about something but I can’t remember what it was. Their new amp pedals seems interesting though…

How about a one or two rack space unit with 12 amps spanning it all? Jesus I love it when I get to go… “Hell Yes! More please.”
Other brands offer that format right?
I’m sure UAFX amps are fine…but I don’t think any brand out there is unique in delivering quality amps.
Hell..I’d even argue, with or without capturing tech, amongst the top tier brands…you can all dial them to anything…nothing no longer unique to a brand.

The UA pedals sound good...but not so good that I would bother with all the feature set issues they have. They deserve a lot of roasting for that.

It's frustrating to see products that could be excellent if they just took the time to make them better. UA's refusal to address user concerns is why I won't buy any hardware from them.

I like their plugins tho.

They deserve a lot of roasting for that.
tyler james williams bad cooking GIF by HULU

I tried the TC stuff. I thought it wasn’t very good at all.
What didn’t you like about it?

I’ve never tried them but I’m curious what their tech is like, as they’re one of very few companies out there sat on a ton of very advanced R&D. They sounded alright in the comparisons I’ve heard, but i’ve only seen the JTM45 model come up 2nd hand.

Just got a chance to try these out at home.
F¥CK YEAH and then some. No IR’s straight into a 5 watt head/Creamback closed 2x12. I’m in. Plexi and Vox done.

Now that last part would be coll

What didn’t you like about it?

I’ve never tried them but I’m curious what their tech is like, as they’re one of very few companies out there sat on a ton of very advanced R&D. They sounded alright in the comparisons I’ve heard, but i’ve only seen the JTM45 model come up 2nd hand.
I tried the JCM800 model. I found its tone harsh and the feel stiff and sterile. I had high hopes for it too. Took less than 5 minutes of tweaking and playing to know. For $200 an Atomic Ampli-Firebox MKII is a much, much more compelling JCM800 (and much more) in a box.

tbf that’s like 50% of JCM800’s I’ve played through.
Always the challenge with modeling products: Is the modeling bad, or did the product manager just have terrible judgement in the first place in terms of identifying an amp to model. "It might sound like shit, but nobody could tell which shitty sounding device was the amp and which the digital modeler in double blind testing!!!"

tbf that’s like 50% of JCM800’s I’ve played through.
Not me. My SC20H and Fractal Gear sound much better and sweeter. Repeating the $200 Atomic pedal is the cheapest way to get a sweet JCM tone along with much more included. But hey, you be you, try one out and report back. They are $149 at SW.

Not me. My SC20H and Fractal Gear sound much better and sweeter. Repeating the $200 Atomic pedal is the cheapest way to get a sweet JCM tone along with much more included. But hey, you be you, try one out and report back. They are $149 at SW.
I have an axe FX, 2203 from 1977, 2204 from 1979 and have owned several others from the late 70’s/early 80’s. I don’t think it’s a particularly hard amp to model, so long as the original amp is in good nick.

1720306273850.jpeg

SW ain’t a thing here but i’ll keep an eye out

Back