• Kurt Cobain

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Kim Thayil

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
No Billy Corgan, but King Buzzo? JFC :facepalm

(Yeah yeah yeah there is an “other” option)

I’d add Kim Thayil, J Mascis etc. before Buzzo, and I love the Melvins.

/endrant

Cantrell.

DeLeo would be 2nd, but I was obsessed with both Layne and Jerry like I was the other guys who were major influences, Gilmour, Vai, EJ, Petrucci, etc. Cantrell opened the door to heavy music for me. Always has an amazing guitar tone that’s just gotten better over the years. I love the weight of his playing, the riffs, all of it. If I’m not ripping off AIC with vocals, I’m most definitely ripping off a Cantrell riff in any given song I write.

I’d LOVE to hear DeLeo and Cantrell write together these days. Cantrell’s newest solo album sounds like something I could hear Dean getting in on.

I'm with Drew on this one. It's very close. I love Cantrell's tones; always heavy af, and real ballzy. Dean has a really unique tone, seems like on every album as well. But I prefer the heavier guitars. Not a lot to choose from though.

The scene was diverse enough though, that for me, I loved AIC, & STP, but the rest were meh.

Deleo and Cantrell for Me, both on the equal footing I just lean slightly more towards Deleo, Cantrell is Heavy AF for sure and I love his tone
but I just slightly favor Deans chords and progressions and his tone is really unique

but I just slightly favor Deans chords and progressions
I considered that too, since both guys are so close for me. But I think of that as under the songwriting umbrella. If it was a choice as to which one I liked better for the songs (even though I know Dean didn't actually write a lot of them, he's still very important to how they ultimately sounded, due in large part to his chord voicings, unless Robert showed him those as well...:unsure:), I'd have to go with Dean.
Hahah YEah i guess you could say my Poll is somewhat biased , never was into SP and Billy :idk
+1

Oh Yeah and Jerry sure can Chug

They absolutely nailed it especially Gretchen

I was a small child when grunge hit so Kurt always had a home in my heart. I also didn't know any better because I didn't know of any other grunge era bands at the time, I mean, one of the first music videos I've ever seen was Black Hole Sun but all of my friends and other peers listened to gangster rap.

Maybe not favorite in my mind as a pure guitarist, but as a frontman/songwriter.

Back