Golden Age EQs ???

Achilles

Rock Star
Anyone have any experience with these?

1712849089157.png

1712849409733.png

Last edited:
I had one of their preamps, it sounded fine but nothing like a Neve and probably more similar to an interface preamp than a proper Neve circuit.

If you’re not fussed about it sounding like a Neve I’m sure it’ll be fine. GAP/Warm/Heritage Elite all fall into this category where they’re just a little too compromised to justify the cost saving of spending a bit more and getting better power supplies, better chassis, better knobs/switches, better transformers etc.

Check out AML or CAPI, I think those are options that you’ll hang on to forever rather than thinking about upgrading later.

Check out AML or CAPI.

Thank you!

Just gave both their pages a quick scan and it looks like all of their hardware is meant to be mounted in a console.
I'm looking for an upgrade for the Empress Para-EQ I'm using now - a standalone box.

Thank you!

Just gave both their pages a quick scan and it looks like all of their hardware is meant to be mounted in a console.
I'm looking for an upgrade for the Empress Para-EQ I'm using now - a standalone box.
CAPI is for 500 series, you’d just need a chassis/lunchbox to power them. You can get small ones too.

AML do 500 series and some rackmount stuff

Back