Gojira to perform at opening ceremony of Paris Olympics

They also gave them the worst audio quality so far 😬

I wonder if that's because they weren't playing a pre-recorded track? I'm so tired of the lip syncing stuff - I know their are logistics/needs to work for the broadcast etc etc, but if you can't make the thing work with live musicians come up with a different show.

I wonder if that's because they weren't playing a pre-recorded track? I'm so tired of the lip syncing stuff - I know their are logistics/needs to work for the broadcast etc etc, but if you can't make the thing work with live musicians come up with a different show.
That was my thought as well.

I‘m just watching the opening ceremony. Is that just my personal impression, or is it all a bit overstaged and at times unintentionally funny?

I just watched the US broadcast and thought it was amazing....sadly didn't name them....but it brought my wife to tears ... because of her happiness for them ....a band I like ....so awesome!

My audio was amazing

Haha, what happened?
Not sure how they thought it out (or who did it for them) but they featured an artist from a very controversial cast of music, but who had a lot of views on his YouTube channel seems like it (I'll leave it at that), smack in the middle of their show over here. Turned into a sh!tstorm in the media.

I‘m just watching the opening ceremony. Is that just my personal impression, or is it all a bit overstaged and at times unintentionally funny?
It's also damn annoying. Women with beards, drag queens, nonstop dancing to electro shit, 3h+ peace love and whatever. This tries very, veeeery hard to check all the "we are inclusive" boxes. CSD-vibes.

Where's the sport?

:ROFLMAO:

IMG_0042.jpeg

Last edited:
Dude, imagine the phone call between management and the band; “Hey, uh, so…what do you guys think of opening the olympics?”

Gojira:
Robert Downey Jr Laughter GIF by PBS SoCal

Management:
Joe Biden Reaction GIF by The Democrats

And then they start talking the production……”We’d like you to perform hanging off a castle with a moat, ship and a fuckton of fire”

Dude, imagine the phone call between management and the band; “Hey, uh, so…what do you guys think of opening the olympics?”
[…]
And then they start talking the production……”We’d like you to perform hanging off a castle with a moat, ship and a fuckton of fire”
Yeah, the whole show was pretty intense. Some of the theatrics were perhaps a little too much, but it was a really impressive spectacle.

Back