Gibson Les Paul Pickguard

Mongillo19

Rock Star
I didn't realize there were so many different options for a replacement Les Paul Pickguard. I'm assuming all are not of the same quality. Are there any specific brands I should look for (or avoid)? Thanks!

Hijack alert, what sort of LP you have? Circling the waters (drain) for a LP Modern.

Hijack alert, what sort of LP you have? Circling the waters (drain) for a LP Modern.
I just traded a QC for a 2019 Les Paul Standard. It already has the holes for the guard lol

Attachments

• PXL_20221024_194600306.jpg
    PXL_20221024_194600306.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 32
I just look on Ebay or Reverb for pickguards, you'll generally find a couple different guys or companies doing them and they'll have enough reviews to make a call on. I haven't had any issues yet, except for when I ordered that beveled Strat pickguard which was my fault, not theirs. I just think it's stupid they make one. :rofl And now I have f*cking 2 of them!

I just look on Ebay or Reverb for pickguards, you'll generally find a couple different guys or companies doing them and they'll have enough reviews to make a call on. I haven't had any issues yet, except for when I ordered that beveled Strat pickguard which was my fault, not theirs. I just think it's stupid they make one. :rofl And now I have f*cking 2 of them!
Honestly I recalled you having an issue with a pickguard which made me think about creating this thread lol

Honestly I recalled you having an issue with a pickguard which made me think about creating this thread lol

Yeah, I didn't look at the pics close enough, nor the description, just assumed it was a regular, single ply Strat guard. It was via Stratosphere on Ebay, they have a ton of parts, I don't believe just Strat parts. They also responded immediately when I asked if I could swap it, they just don't have single ply Strat guards....in white.

Yup! Especially with QCs now being in stock and going for $1600 on the used market. I'm really thrilled with the trade. The Les Paul top just has so many intricacies that aren't captured well in pics imo
Yes, I couldn’t tell well from the picture, but it looked like the top was pretty striking with some good dimension in the flame!

Yes, I couldn’t tell well from the picture, but it looked like the top was pretty striking with some good dimension in the flame!
Yeah it's easy to see the horizontal flame but the vertical is where it gets that depth imo. I can see why they are so popular

I'm about that no pickguard on an LP life

If I was trying to get one though, I'd probably just grab something from Gibson, unless you're after an out of the box aesthetic

Back