GC Used Section

Ooooopppsie! :LOL:

I really enjoyed the days when they made the opposite mistake and listed something
that it wasn't at a lower value, versus an higher one.

Someone's search engine is fucked. Or is there someone out there who still doesn't know
how to use one and still got a job?

There was a run of about 5 years when the used site at GC first came on line and they didn't
price research ANYTHING! I used to get up first thing in the morning, check the "new arrivals,"
and the deals were insane. People would call the stores prior to them even opening, and you
had to either know them from past deals, or be fast in giving them your CC info so you could
get that underpriced item before someone else did.

Those days are clearly gone.

0h man this thread could go on for days. They probably don't pay people enough to care but it's still pretty funny.

Holy s**t. I get to pay 350 dollars more to not get a warranty. Can I have 2 of them?

Portland guitar center. Maybe this one survived the riots. Who knows.
That's anywhere for some reason. Idk why used FM3 prices are always listed more than new....even on reverb

That's anywhere for some reason. Idk why used FM3 prices are always listed more than new....even on reverb

It’s a great way to keep the perception there are none available from FAS. If someone doesn’t actually look and just goes to Reverb, “Ah! Must be a waitlist again! Better snag this one for $1200 while it’s still here!”

It’s a great way to keep the perception there are none available from FAS. If someone doesn’t actually look and just goes to Reverb, “Ah! Must be a waitlist again! Better snag this one for $1200 while it’s still here!”
Yeah that has to be what it is. I guess if they are too lazy to check the fractal site that's on them? Lol

Yeah, Idk. I think it has something to do with trying to sell to someone in a different market, that can't buy from Fractal, and based on money exchange rates, it would still cost less for them, as opposed to buying from a FAS international distributor.
A new fm3 in UK works out to about $1500 US, so that leaves you some room. And because part of the higher cost is the extra 2 years of warranty, you're not paying for that either.

Live look at the local GC used section

apocalypse thumbs up GIF by Loot Crate

There was a run of about 5 years when the used site at GC first came on line and they didn't
price research ANYTHING! I used to get up first thing in the morning, check the "new arrivals,"
and the deals were insane. People would call the stores prior to them even opening, and you
had to either know them from past deals, or be fast in giving them your CC info so you could
get that underpriced item before someone else did.

Those days are clearly gone.

This is truth. Me and the boys got some SICK deals on shit. One of my guys got a USA Jackson for $299 shipped.

When they take in used gear an employee does a Google search and they base their price off what they find. Some employees have no idea what they’re doing and probably shouldn’t be allowed to do it.

I’m lucky, I know a few guys at my local GC who are awesome and really know their stuff. I love going there whenever I can

When they take in used gear an employee does a Google search and they base their price off what they find. Some employees have no idea what they’re doing and probably shouldn’t be allowed to do it.

I’m lucky, I know a few guys at my local GC who are awesome and really know their stuff. I love going there whenever I can
Mine does all their research on Reverb, comes up with what they assume the selling price would be on Reverb and multiply that by 0.65. It makes the whole process pretty easy and I can usually predict what they're going to offer within +/- 5%. If its not The Manager doing the pricing, they have two employees do it independently to check one another.

Mine does all their research on Reverb, comes up with what they assume the selling price would be on Reverb and multiply that by 0.65. It makes the whole process pretty easy and I can usually predict what they're going to offer within +/- 5%. If its not The Manager doing the pricing, they have two employees do it independently to check one another.

That’s good to know, thanks! I’ve been curious what they’d give me for my DRRI as I’ve considered trading it in towards another amp or….more guitars.

That’s good to know, thanks! I’ve been curious what they’d give me for my DRRI as I’ve considered trading it in towards another amp or….more guitars.
Yeah I feel like it's GC dependent because my store is terrible and I refuse to buy from it lol

Back