Fractal Talk

Yup. The "I just spent 2 hours just trying to load this and sync that because I have
not used this platform in a few weeks," is not anyone's idea of fun, let alone
music, that I know of. :idk

That said, I understand the lure and attraction of something being better suited
to our preferences and temperament than something else. Face it, we've all kissed
a lot of Frogs at this point. :beer

Last edited:
THIS too gave me so many nightmares as a kid!

EDIT: Just watched it again. Why the hell is that kid sleeping with the lights on?

My fave scary scene was in the kitchen with the kids' parents and Straker and then... BOOM!
Barlow comes crashing through the window and cracks the parent's heads together.

Last edited:
FM9 Turbo or wait on L6….

:whistle
What I should really be waiting on is an actual reason to be waiting on anything. I'm perfectly happy with what I've already got. Whizzinby made me an offer on the FM3 I couldn't refuse, and my (long-standing) curiosity got the better of me.

Ultimately buy what is available now that does what you want it to do now.
So again, this is the silly part: I already have it. :D

Last edited:
I love the HX stuff in it's own way. But to me the best way to go about it is to get multiples from the same mfg vs. one from each. Too much flip flopping to completely different environments/methodologies/differing favorites and THAT is definitely a distraction.
YES. Without doing it consciously, I've ended up in the same place, with the Helix Floor, Stomp, and HX One. Loving living all in one world.
Yeah, this is where a "QC mini" aka Dual Cortex might eventually have some appeal for me. I'd like to have a "mobile" modeler in addition to the one that's tethered to my desk full time, but I don't love the idea of having ~$3500 tied up in a pair of QCs. :oops:

Yup. The "I just spent 2 hours just trying to load this and sync that because I have
not used this platform in a few weeks," is not anyone's idea of fun, let alone
music, that I know of. :idk
And that's just half of it. There's also the whole, "Oh I think I prefer the 2203 on this box, but the 1959 on this one, but only when I'm playing this inversion of this chord, and maybe if I lower the gain and goose the mids a little they'll both sound the same, but oh I really should spend a week or two doing a full survey of their respective Vox tones, hmm I'm not sure I trust both channels of this mixer to sound precisely the same, maybe I should buy a good ABY box and an SPL meter so I can GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

Where's my acoustic at?

Last edited:
And that's just half of it. There's also the whole, "Oh I think I prefer the 2203 on this box, but the 1959 on this one, and maybe if I lower the gain and goose the mids a little they'll both sound the same but oh I really should spend a week or two doing a full survey of their respective Vox tones, hmm I'm not sure I trust both channels of this mixer to sound precisely the same, maybe I should buy a good ABY box and an SPL meter so I can GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

Where's my acoustic at?
May I interest you in capturing your favorite FM3 tones before selling? Could be a good happy medium

May I interest you in capturing your favorite FM3 tones before selling? Could be a good happy medium
Triple H Yes GIF by WWE

My fave scary scene was in the kitchen with the kids' parents and Straker and then... BOOM!
Barlow comes crashing through the window and cracks the parent's heads together.
I never saw Barlow
It got shut off
I used to read all those books
when I was about 7 or 8
So I wanted to see the movie
I instantly regretted it

Whizzinby made me an offer on the FM3 I couldn't refuse, and my (long-standing) curiosity got the better of me.

Bros before hoes Reverb, or something. :ROFLMAO:

Glad you gave it punt. Always good to try it out for yourself. Fractal is a monster tone machine, but I still somewhat root on Neural to land the plane because the QC is a really fun device to use if you can get past the Neural BuffooneryTM

This isn't really a "problem" I'm trying to solve either way. It's more a question of figuring out which product to commit to. (Or whether to keep trying to serve two masters.) All of these workarounds just reinforce the sense that QC is the better workflow for me. In fairness, it's also the more expensive product...
Sell both. Get an FM9 Turbo. Profit!!!!:rofl

Last edited:
Back