Fractal Cygnus X2 (doesn’t matter which unit): too much bass?

I Fiddle a lot with My Fractal FM9 because im learning it and enjoying tweaking it to the Nth Degree :) and honestly im getting tones like i never had before
this one thing i recently found in the Fractal Cab block is the Pre-amp type and the BMT control there are a very powerful
Try that out
As for IR Yes I cant stand Folder diving so looking forward to Dynacabs in the meantime a I have a few Go to IR like LT-TV Mix 7 and 2 which always sound really great

I posted it here -->

1686690580341.png

YMMV

Last edited:
That's the thing though; my monitors are on isolation pads (Auralex), and using Amplitube's Triple Crown model with the same IR, it's sounds fine. It sounds amazing, actually. Obviously it's not the Fractal, I'm just missing something in the settings. Unfortunately though, it's not as simple as just dialing in the amp as you would the real one, like it's supposed to be.

Not all amps “work” …

I’ll try that later, but I did a different test where I use the same IR, same guitar, same monitors, but Amplitube Mesa 2 with TC-100 ch.2, and then the Fractal TC-100 ch. 2. It’s definitely a parameter somewhere in the Fractal.
I'd try turning off the IR on both, running a DI track through both and see what a frequency analyzer shows. Then you could do the opposite by disabling the amp block and running with just the cab sim. It will obviously sound horrible but would give you some indication on where the excess bass is happening.

Also make sure it's not something silly like global EQ on the Fractal or a difference in volume level.

Back