First World Problem Thread-Voice Your Struggle

I redeemed 3500 points a few months back and I’m still sitting at-

View attachment 897

(For every $1 you spend on Uber/Uber Eats you get one point…..I‘ve spent maybe $60 on Uber rides in the last year, the rest is food :rofl )

I wish I had that where I live. We have 1 door dasher and out of the 3 orders I have done only 1 ever got to me so I gave up on that. Never got my money back from the 2 that never arrived either.

Really? Every (passenger) car in the U.S. I’ve seen has them.

Maybe you are driving a Lambo or something? Haha.
I need to check that first thing in the morning. My work car (which I don’t own) is a Renault.. french car… and those are really weird. Our family car is a Volkswagen (German)… and those are weird to..

I can’t for the life of me not understand why a Swedish family doesn’t drive something decent like a huge Volvo… damn it… they’re expensive though.

I need to check that first thing in the morning. My work car (which I don’t own) is a Renault.. french car… and those are really weird. Our family car is a Volkswagen (German)… and those are weird to..

I can’t for the life of me not understand why a Swedish family doesn’t drive something decent like a huge Volvo… damn it… they’re expensive though.
I love German cars and German engineering. Had a few Porsches and BMWs in my past. Haven’t had a Volvo, though we test drove one of the SUVs and really liked it. My parents had one and really liked it!

Not to pile on.... but ok.... to pile on here. Food Delivery Apps are
absolute trash to the Restaurant industry. Most establishments actually
lose money fulfilling orders. It's true. If you love food and use those apps
you are actively conspiring to put established businesses out of business.

But hey, Western convenience at any cost, right?? :(

Never used them. Never will. People in that industry have super tight margins
to begin with, and you are dealing with perishable products. It's hard to win
without giving 30% of your revenue for EVERY delivery off the top. Margins
are not even 30% in the Food Biz.

I don't think users of the apps know the down and dirty about what using those
apps does to so many small businesses. Order DIRECT from the Restaurant if you
need to order food
. Then the tiny margin goes to the Restaurant or Food Establishment.

"Uber Eats charges a restaurant 30% of their listed prices for the privilege of delivering their food.
For example, Bob’s Deli charges $10 for a burger. Uber Eats would take $3 dollars as a fee for
delivering their food. Also, Uber Eats does not permit restaurants to increase their prices to “cover”
Uber’s cost. Thus, Uber is telling restaurants that they must eat the cost and lose money or we won’t
deliver for you.

The problem here is that the average profit margin for a restaurant is under 30%. Fast food such as
McDonalds reported profit margins about 22% in 2017. Casual dining or family style restaurants have
a profit margin between 5% to 10%. Lastly, full-service restaurants such as fine-dining have average
profit margins of about 6.1%.

Based on the average profit margins above, every restaurant that engages Uber Eats will lose money
on every order they take. The more orders coming from Uber Eats, the more money a restaurant would lose."

Fast food gave me the sh!ts and I ran out of toilet paper....then I realized the fast food bag had a ton of napkins left in it...that makes up for them forgetting the mint.

I use an app called too good to go. Check it out if you're in a city or a large town. Local eateries will post surprise bags to pick up at the end of the day guaranteed to sell for 33% of actual value or less. So a 5 dollar bag you get 15 bucks in food. You just cant be picky but a bagel place is giving you bagels, etc.

So a local pizza place posts one bag a day at a certain time. I was determined to get it. Got the damn bag in the cart and was sold out. My disappointment was immeasurable.

Not to pile on.... but ok.... to pile on here. Food Delivery Apps are
absolute trash to the Restaurant industry. Most establishments actually
lose money fulfilling orders. It's true. If you love food and use those apps
you are actively conspiring to put established businesses out of business.

But hey, Western convenience at any cost, right?? :(

Never used them. Never will. People in that industry have super tight margins
to begin with, and you are dealing with perishable products. It's hard to win
without giving 30% of your revenue for EVERY delivery off the top. Margins
are not even 30% in the Food Biz.

I don't think users of the apps know the down and dirty about what using those
apps does to so many small businesses. Order DIRECT from the Restaurant if you
need to order food
. Then the tiny margin goes to the Restaurant or Food Establishment.

"Uber Eats charges a restaurant 30% of their listed prices for the privilege of delivering their food.
For example, Bob’s Deli charges $10 for a burger. Uber Eats would take $3 dollars as a fee for
delivering their food. Also, Uber Eats does not permit restaurants to increase their prices to “cover”
Uber’s cost. Thus, Uber is telling restaurants that they must eat the cost and lose money or we won’t
deliver for you.

The problem here is that the average profit margin for a restaurant is under 30%. Fast food such as
McDonalds reported profit margins about 22% in 2017. Casual dining or family style restaurants have
a profit margin between 5% to 10%. Lastly, full-service restaurants such as fine-dining have average
profit margins of about 6.1%.

Based on the average profit margins above, every restaurant that engages Uber Eats will lose money
on every order they take. The more orders coming from Uber Eats, the more money a restaurant would lose."

Amex gives me 10 bucks a month Uber eats and 10 bucks a month grubhub. I find the menu prices a bit higher when purchasing thru those apps, but I just use them to get the 10 bucks off. Ill buy a 12 dollar pizza which is really 11 on their regular menu and pick it up. In the end I pay 2 bucks.

I love German cars and German engineering. Had a few Porsches and BMWs in my past. Haven’t had a Volvo, though we test drove one of the SUVs and really liked it. My parents had one and really liked it!

I have a 2020 XC60 and I love it.

German cars are great when they run. every time a new car at my job breaks down its either a BMW or a Benz, 100% of the time. They’re nearly impossible to get into neutral, too when they’re not running.

German cars are great when they run. every time a new car at my job breaks down its either a BMW or a Benz, 100% of the time. They’re nearly impossible to get into neutral, too when they’re not running.

My favorite car is a 911 GTS, last fave was an AMG CLK.

I love German cars…

Back